Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Modeler needed for small personal project
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Modeler needed for small personal project [message #6629] Thu, 17 September 2009 13:33 UTC Go to next message
avatar Mamélie  is currently offline Mamélie
Go to all my models
I'm french so sorry if I don't speak english very well. I'm completely lost (in this forum too, I don't understand anything, sorry if I write at wrong place ^^0). I would like to create a dice... blank (without the little point) maesuring 3x3x3. But I don't know anything about 3D creator. Can you help me please ? Thank you in advance.
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #6635 is a reply to message #6629 ] Thu, 17 September 2009 16:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dimmulain  is currently offline Dimmulain
Go to my shop
Hi Mamélie!

1. Do you need the dice with sharp edges and corners like here
http://www.pwcphoto.com/studio/pair-of-dice.jpg

or with rounded corners like here?

http://www.logodesignweb.com/stockphoto/objects/toys&games/dice.jpg

2. 3x3x3 is it in cm?
3. do you want it hollow (this helps to reduce the price). For example, solid (not hollow) 3cm dice will cost about $45 to print, while the dice hollow inside will cost $22 (assuming that it has 3mm thick walls).

Sorry, for lots of English, but I don't know French... maybe you speak German?

I can do you this model just for free, since it's fairly simple

[Updated on: Thu, 17 September 2009 16:59 UTC]

Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #6897 is a reply to message #6629 ] Tue, 29 September 2009 12:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Hello. Thank you for the answer and sorry for the wait.
I would like a dice with rounded corners but less than the second picture if it is possible. More like that:
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumb_345/1229555050lTzq49.jpg
But if it is too difficult or tough to do, the second is good.
Yes, 3x3x3 is in cm, sorry. ^^0
I prefer the dice hollow if it isn't fragil in the end.
I would like to carve or draw something on it...
Thank you very much for the help. Smile
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #6899 is a reply to message #6897 ] Tue, 29 September 2009 12:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Sorry, I change my mind. ^^0
If it's to difficult to do my dice (less rounded than your second picture), prefer do the first of your's please, with sharp edges (but a little rounded like a dice, not a cube, yes ?).
Thank you.
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #6902 is a reply to message #6629 ] Tue, 29 September 2009 15:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva is currently online Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
This would not be difficult at all, do you want the die markings on them or are you planning to put other markings on them?

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #6914 is a reply to message #6902 ] Tue, 29 September 2009 22:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I don't speak english very well, so I'm not sure I have understand what you say. I want a dice blank, and then I would like to carve something on it. I don't want someone here to carve something, just the dice. I don't manage to tell what I want in a language I don't speak and understang well, sorry. That's what you want to know ? Embarassed
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #6922 is a reply to message #6629 ] Wed, 30 September 2009 12:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Ok, it was slightly harder then anticipated. But here it is. It is solid, If I hollow it out, it would need a hole for the material to escape. If you want it hollow let me know where you want the hole.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/55300/blank_die.html

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #7012 is a reply to message #6922 ] Fri, 02 October 2009 12:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Excuse me but I don't understand well what you want to say... I don't understand "it would need a hole for the material to escape". Which material are you talking about ? I don't want a dice with a hole. It's impossible ? Why ? Use simple words please. Embarassed
Your dice have not 6 faces ?
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #7019 is a reply to message #6629 ] Fri, 02 October 2009 13:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
The die I made has 6 faces.
It is a solid 3cm cube
to be hollow, it would need a hole to remove the support material.
I'm not sure how to word that simpler so I'll trust Google to translate this right.

J'ai fait le d a 6 faces.
Il est un solide 3cm cube
tre vide de sens, il aurait besoin d'un trou afin d'enlever les matriels de soutien.
Je ne suis pas sr de savoir comment ce simple mot que je fais confiance Google pour traduire ce droit.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #7032 is a reply to message #7019 ] Fri, 02 October 2009 21:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Google don't translate correctly, your sentences have no sens... ^^0 I always don't understand why it needs a hole. What's the support material ? My engravings are superficial, slight... On the faces. A hole makes the dice less beautiful and risk to spoil the pictures I want to carve...
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #7033 is a reply to message #7032 ] Fri, 02 October 2009 21:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
And your dice semms strange... I would like a dice with corners more pointed... "With sharp edges (but a little rounded like a dice, not a cube)." You see ?
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #7080 is a reply to message #6629 ] Mon, 05 October 2009 13:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Ok, with no hole, then it has to be solid, can't be hollow.
The image on shapeways is very misleading. Here is a screen shot from my software. index.php?t=getfile&id=1496&private=0 I believe it looks like the image you posted as what you want, But I can make a cube with radiused corners if you want, that wouldn't be hard to do at all.

• Attachment: die.jpg
    (Size: 18.85KB, Downloaded 823 time(s))

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #7168 is a reply to message #7080 ] Thu, 08 October 2009 11:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Sorry for my absence, I'm sick.
I have many questions:
If you make a hole, where do you place it ? I can't carve something if the hole is in the centre of a face. And how much is it deep ? I mean: we can see inside the dice ?
If you make the dice solid, it will be more expensive. How much ? And how much if it measure 2,5 x 2,5 x 2,5 cm (there is no little savings ^^0) ?
I'm afraid of the image of the dice. I don't wand a dice too rounded. My dice has its faces rectangular but rounded. Yours is too rounded. Maybe the image on shapeways is misleading but I need to see how it will be really. Otherwise make a cube with rounded corners, in this way I'm sure of the appearance.
Then I need to think about all that.
Thank you for your help.
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #7172 is a reply to message #6629 ] Thu, 08 October 2009 13:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
The hole would have to be there to remove the material inside. The build material is needed to support the structure while it is being made. I made 2 images here for you. These are 1 inch which is pretty close to 2.5 cm. I put the holes in the hollow version on the corners so they would not effect the faces. you wouldn't need a hole on every corner, just one, but I figured it would give it symmetry. index.php?t=getfile&id=1549&private=0

• Attachment: squaredie.jpg
    (Size: 17.95KB, Downloaded 771 time(s))

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #7173 is a reply to message #6629 ] Thu, 08 October 2009 13:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
index.php?t=getfile&id=1550&private=0

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #7406 is a reply to message #7173 ] Thu, 22 October 2009 11:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Hello,
sorry for my long absence, my computer is dead because of a power cut...
I trust to you and I would like you to make a dice with one hole on a corner. Thank you very much. Smile
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #7407 is a reply to message #6629 ] Thu, 22 October 2009 12:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Not a problem.
http://www.shapeways.com/model/60269/die_for_mam____lie.html

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #7526 is a reply to message #7407 ] Thu, 29 October 2009 16:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Hello !
I will be perfectionist but can you make the dice more rounded ? ^^0
See my picture of the dice: the faces are rectangular,
but the dice semms round, yours is too square...
And hollow it isn't too expensive, can you enlarge it 3cm please ?
Thank you very much, it is soon perfect.
Thank you !
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #7914 is a reply to message #7526 ] Thu, 26 November 2009 22:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Hello.
Have you time to do my dice soon ? I would have liked the dice for at the start of december to have time to receive and carve it before send it to my brother before Christmas. Tell me if you are too busy, I can ask to someone else if you have no time... Sad
Thank you for your answer.
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #7980 is a reply to message #7914 ] Mon, 30 November 2009 13:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Please, someone can help me ?
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #7981 is a reply to message #6629 ] Mon, 30 November 2009 14:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
I tried buddy, but I just can't get it exactly the way you want.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #7982 is a reply to message #6629 ] Mon, 30 November 2009 14:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
I tried buddy, but I just can't get it exactly the way you want.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #7985 is a reply to message #7982 ] Mon, 30 November 2009 21:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dotsan  is currently offline Dotsan
Go to my shop
Hi I'll give a shot, what about this shapehttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2574/4148420768_5c44020d54.jpg

http://www.dotsan.com
Cheers
V

www.dotsan.com
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #7986 is a reply to message #7982 ] Mon, 30 November 2009 21:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I'm probably too perfectionist...
Ok, I take it.
Thank you very much for your work and for your patience too !! ^^0
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #7988 is a reply to message #7986 ] Mon, 30 November 2009 21:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
To Youknowwho4eva:
There is too many option: must I take it in white strong and flexible ? Can you modify the proportions in 3x3x3 cm please or not ? ^^0

To virtualV:
It's too rouded for what I want. See the picture of the 29th september. I wait a little, I can't buy today but if you propose me the same dice that Youknowwho4eva, I take his dice. Wink Thank you for your help.
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #7990 is a reply to message #7988 ] Mon, 30 November 2009 23:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi do you have any other images or can you draw what you want?
The picture you have provided isn't good enough to understand the detail and shape you want.
Regards
V

www.dotsan.com
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #8003 is a reply to message #7990 ] Tue, 01 December 2009 10:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Ha ha here's more pics, maybe help narrow it down a bit
http://www.geekalerts.com/u/cd-dice.jpg
http://www.party411.com/asi-products/dice-stress.jpg
http://www.woodentoys-uk.co.uk/images/H%20games/H9Z%20wooden_dice.JPG

V

www.dotsan.com
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #8004 is a reply to message #8003 ] Tue, 01 December 2009 11:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Here's another shape, I've got total control over the shape just need some clear direction from you.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2587/4150066508_82e6aa4429.jpg

Cheers
V

www.dotsan.com
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #8007 is a reply to message #6629 ] Tue, 01 December 2009 14:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Ok, 3cm big, 1mm thick so available in all but stainless.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/69978/final_try.html

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #8030 is a reply to message #8004 ] Wed, 02 December 2009 14:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
VirtualV, your dice is perfect !
Is it 3x3x3 cm ? Is is solid ? Hollow or full ? I want to carve inscription on it, can it support them ?
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #8033 is a reply to message #8030 ] Wed, 02 December 2009 18:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yeahy break through ! how thick do you need it to be?
Cheers
V

www.dotsan.com
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #8038 is a reply to message #8033 ] Wed, 02 December 2009 21:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I'm not sure to understand well, sorry... Embarassed
I want to carve something on it, I need 2mm thickness I think... Can you propose the dice full too so that I can compare the price, maybe I'll take it full, it's simpler for my project but if it's too expensive I take it hollow.
Thank you very much. Very Happy
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #8060 is a reply to message #8038 ] Thu, 03 December 2009 22:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
> Youknowwho4eva your link don't work...
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #8127 is a reply to message #6629 ] Mon, 07 December 2009 13:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Embarassed I deleted it when you said you were going with his design, if you want, I can find it and put it back up.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #8238 is a reply to message #8127 ] Fri, 11 December 2009 13:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Yes please. Smile
Thank you verry much and sorry for the wait.
Re: Modeler needed for small personal project [message #8240 is a reply to message #6629 ] Fri, 11 December 2009 14:09 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
I work here
http://www.shapeways.com/model/73006/final_try.html

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:Model Conversion and Scale help needed.
Next Topic:Need 2D Image Made Into 3D Model