Shipping address and billing address can't be different countries?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by BeepBeep3D, Mar 17, 2013.

1. BeepBeep3D
    BeepBeep3D Member
    I wanted to order one of my own models to be shipped to a friend (in the U.S.) as a gift.
    Model cost $16, U.S. shipping $6.50. Total cost $24.50 Perfect... but not possible.

Shipping and billing countries can't be split.
    So now I have to order the model $16, ship it to Australia, $20, then ship it back to the US my self $10.
    Total cost $56. Double the cost of shipping direct and taking at least two weeks longer.

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    It has to do with paying the VAT to the correct country, plus I think there are some funky Dutch rules about 3rd party purchases.

I know it reduces the 'surprise' in the gift, but you could just send a gift card.

3. BeepBeep3D
    BeepBeep3D Member
    Why not just bill me for the VAT to the shipping country? Or the Billing country whichever is causing the problem?
    And if the Dutch have a rule just refuse bill splitting to Holland.

It doesn't seem that complicated.

4. giorgio79
    giorgio79 Member
    Why cannot you set the billing address the same as your friensed's shipping address and pay with paypal.

5. BeepBeep3D
    BeepBeep3D Member
    It might work, haven't tried it yet.
    Feel free to buy one of my models to test it ;D

6. PeregrineStudios
    PeregrineStudios Well-Known Member
    You can add more addresses.

I have two - my actual address here in Canada, and the address of my suite at ReShip in the states - not that I use it anymore, now that we're not shipping to Canada using the devil's delivery service. xD

7. FabMeJewelry
    FabMeJewelry Member
    We have sent a few packages to bloggers living in the US (we're Dutch) and setting the billing and shipping adress to match the receiver adress works for us. We have never received a bill by mail or seen it being added to the packaging so reveiling any prices isn't a problem as well as far as we know of ?

We did notice that when we'd set a adress located outside the Netherlands the price didn't include VAT so we calculated the VAT and payd the amount to our taxes, nothing wrong there right ? Don't know of any funky Dutch rules that says no to our practices though :)

Btw.. It's the Netherlands ;) Holland refers to Noord- and Zuid Holland which are like states of the US only a lot smaller and when i say a lot smaller i mean tiny !