Double check your refund for failed prints when using coupon codes and paying with existing credits

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by coolbutpointless, Dec 13, 2012.

1. I just wanted to alert people to a possible problem with the issuing of Shapeways credit for failed prints when special percentage off coupons are involved with Shapeways credits.

I am in contact with service already on my issue and am trying to work this out with them but felt I should let others know just in case this may have happened to them.

I ordered using the recent 15% off coupon code. In my payment, the costs were all calculated correctly and I paid the tab in full using a combination of Shapeways credit and PayPal. However, the way the coupon discount is displayed in the invoice on the My Orders page(and I assume internally at Shapeways) has lead to my refund being less than what I paid.

As near as I can tell, the "My Orders" page is calculating using the following incorrect math:

White Strong & Flexible 1 $244.38 <---------------------- The cost of the part.
    Shipping: $6.50
    Wrapping: $0.00
    Sub-Total: $214.23 <---------------------- Notice how this is less than the cost of the part by the discount amount of $36.65.
    Discount: - $36.65 <---------------------- The discount is taken off of the Sub-Total even though the subtotal has already had it taken out.
    Tax: $19.01
    Order Total: $233.24
    Store Credit : - $130.26 <---------------- The store credit here does not match the credit I used and is off by $36.65(My credit was for $166.91)
    Paypal - USD : - $66.33 <---------------------- Correct amount that I paid via PayPal after my credit.
    Amount Due: $36.65 <------------ As a result of the double removal of the 15% discount, I am now showing as if I owe Shapeways money still.

When the above order failed, I was issued a credit of $196.59 instead of the $233.24 which I actually paid. I am certain of this since I know what my credit was($166.91) and that this is the only order I have placed between when my credit was issued and when the above order failed.

As I said above, I am working this out with Shapeways but I wanted to alert others to the possibility that credits issued to you may not be correct in the specific circumstance of having ordered an item using a coupon code such as the recent 15% off when paying with a credit.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  2. RalphVdB
    RalphVdB Well-Known Member CS Team
    Hi coolbutpointless,

Thanks for pointing this out to us. You were right, in some cases the discount was applied incorrectly. We have fixed this issue and are now manually refunding all effected orders.

You will receive a personal email confirming this if this has happened to you. So sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Best Ralph