Home » Community » General Discussion » How about subtractive rapid prototyping?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
How about subtractive rapid prototyping? [message #9888] Fri, 12 February 2010 18:31 UTC Go to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Looking through my DE magazine I see the a Roland SRP (subtractive rapid prototyper) starting at 8K. www.rolanddga.com/srp. I really want the homedepot wood cnc.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: How about subtractive rapid prototyping? [message #9904 is a reply to message #9888 ] Fri, 12 February 2010 22:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar photosfromrob  is currently offline photosfromrob
Go to my shop
You can build your own for much less. I will be building one soon. there are many designs and kits out there. mine will be a composite of several.
Re: How about subtractive rapid prototyping? [message #9940 is a reply to message #9888 ] Sun, 14 February 2010 08:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tones3-d  is currently offline tones3-d
Go to my shop
I look forward to seeing what you build, photosfromrob
Re: How about subtractive rapid prototyping? [message #11140 is a reply to message #9888 ] Fri, 26 March 2010 20:24 UTC Go to previous message
avatar John Bear Ross  is currently offline John Bear Ross
Go to my shop
I have a benchtop Taig CNC 4 axis in the garage.

http://johnbearross.com/prototyper.html

Prepare to spend thousands, but it's better than spending tens of thousands on a 3d printer. Sometimes it's just better to find a good service bureau you trust, and outsource.

And DE is a great magazine. Tony rocks.

BTW, my Taig wants to grow up into one of these... http://www.industrialhobbies.com

Best,
JBR

[Updated on: Fri, 26 March 2010 20:30 UTC]

Previous Topic:Where have you been all my life? :)
Next Topic:what will change when the beta is over?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.