Home » Support » 3D Design » dissapearing letters
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
dissapearing letters [message #95508] Thu, 07 August 2014 02:16 UTC Go to next message
avatar edott70810  is currently offline edott70810
Go to all my models
i have a coin i designed and in one of the words not all the ltters are showing up when i upload it to shapeways. any ideas?
Re: dissapearing letters [message #95514 is a reply to message #95508 ] Thu, 07 August 2014 06:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Letters too small, or not correctly "unioned" with the main geometry, overlapping or inverted faces ? Best get netfabb studio basic and check your file with it
Re: dissapearing letters [message #95526 is a reply to message #95508 ] Thu, 07 August 2014 08:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
You most probably have holes around the letters and Shapeways software has filled them.
Take a look at this from Stonysmith, it may explain what might be happening.
http://stonysmith.com/wired/Netfabb_Tutorial_2/default.asp
What software are you using?

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: dissapearing letters [message #95607 is a reply to message #95526 ] Thu, 07 August 2014 23:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar edott70810  is currently offline edott70810
Go to all my models
I started it in photoshop and then over to tinkercad. i guess the thing i find most puzzleling is it is the word justice and it is the 'ust' that is missing.
Re: dissapearing letters [message #95623 is a reply to message #95607 ] Fri, 08 August 2014 06:17 UTC Go to previous message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
Could you post an image of the model, or better still if you sent me the file by PM or my email below, I will have a look for you.

jacantdesign@gmail.com

Previous Topic:cost estimate for ball?
Next Topic:Turning an STL file into a DAE file?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.