Home » Community » Students and Educators » GET YOUR LEARN ON!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
GET YOUR LEARN ON! [message #89157] Mon, 05 May 2014 16:05 UTC Go to next message
avatar LaurenEDU  is currently offline LaurenEDU
Go to my shop
I work here
Hello Shapies new and seasoned! My Name is Lauren and I'll be helming our collective EDU efforts as your Designer Evangelist for Education. I'd like to start with this inaugural post to the Students and Educators-specific forum space. So welcome! We'll be posting new info and getting the conversation started here.

[dips toe into forum]
Lauren

Designer Evangelist–Education at Shapeways. Canny Technologist, Savvy Luddite.
Re: GET YOUR LEARN ON! [message #90537 is a reply to message #89157 ] Tue, 27 May 2014 18:52 UTC Go to previous message
avatar LaurieMBerenhaus  is currently offline LaurieMBerenhaus
Go to all my models
Thanks Lauren!

I'm really excited to see this topic grow. I found this book to be a great resource when I transitioned from traditional sculpture to 3D Modeling.

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Modeling-William-Vaughan/dp/03 21700899

I eventually studied with the author, but something I found really great about this book is that it discusses 3d modeling tools and tips in a software agnostic way.

With so much software out there, it is hard to decide. After reading DIGITAL MODELING by William Vaughan, I found that while different software may have their own names for features, the tool's function overlaps from software to software.

For more info on the author, please visit:
http://pushingpoints.com/v2/

Customer Service Agent @ Shapeways

Next Topic:Tips for 3D printing Sketchup Models

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.