Home » Support » 3D Applications » Rhino simple bullet with manifold problems
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Rhino simple bullet with manifold problems [message #8655] Wed, 30 December 2009 22:42 UTC Go to next message
avatar TSuriyathep  is currently offline TSuriyathep
Go to my shop
Hi, I'm new here I just started with something simple. I made a bullet using the revolve technique. When I export to STL, I'm not exactly sure of the settings but for the simple settings I made it 0.01mm. From what I can see, some of the errors look pretty bad, especially near the tip. Is there an easy way to fix it, or should I start the whole thing over using some other methods?

Thanks!

• Attachment: 9mm.stl
    (Size: 796.71KB, Downloaded 109 time(s))

Re: Rhino simple bullet with manifold problems [message #8657 is a reply to message #8655 ] Thu, 31 December 2009 03:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar umbe0471  is currently offline umbe0471
Go to my shop
I suggest you "Netfabb studio basic" (free), load your model then perform the automatic repair. It is simple and fast. Here your model fixed. I have to flip the triangles as the analysis tell me that the shell has negative volume (will be rejected). I made an upload test and the model now is ok. Select "mm" as you upload the file.
Cheers,
Umberto

[Updated on: Thu, 31 December 2009 03:57 UTC]

Re: Rhino simple bullet with manifold problems [message #8660 is a reply to message #8657 ] Thu, 31 December 2009 08:11 UTC Go to previous message
avatar TSuriyathep  is currently offline TSuriyathep
Go to my shop
Hi Umberto, thanks for the info, I tried netfabb and it worked great for everything. I thought that Rhino was used by jewelry designers for 3D printing, so I don't get why it wouldn't work out of the box. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Previous Topic:Question for ZBrush users
Next Topic:Non-manifold after stacking several model parts.

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.