Home » Support » 3D Design » Manifold error
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Manifold error [message #7895] Thu, 26 November 2009 08:53 UTC Go to next message
avatar TreadshotA1  is currently offline TreadshotA1
Go to my shop
Could someone please help me figure out what exactly is non-manifold about my design? I've been using Sketchup, exporting as a Collada file, and everything (even much more complex shapes) have turned out fine.

Anyone wanna help me?

I've uploaded a Sketchup file as well as a Collada file if anyone needs them

Thanks!
Re: Manifold error [message #7897 is a reply to message #7895 ] Thu, 26 November 2009 10:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dotsan  is currently offline Dotsan
Go to my shop
Hi here's your corrected file, the problem you had was the small cylinder coming out of the block was not attached.
Let me know how you get on?

Regards
V

http://www.dotsan.com

www.dotsan.com
icon14.gif  Re: Manifold error [message #7899 is a reply to message #7895 ] Thu, 26 November 2009 15:02 UTC Go to previous message
avatar TreadshotA1  is currently offline TreadshotA1
Go to my shop
Thanks a lot, VirtualV. The new part worked a treat.

I'll be sure to credit you in the description. Razz

Thanks again,

A1

EDIT: Forgot to mention, i've now finished all the 'Magnen' parts necessary to then hopefully build a robot that turns into a magnet, based completely off of this picture (with some tweaks to allow for my very basic CAD skills): http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Morphtronic_Magnen Thanks for your help.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 November 2009 15:04 UTC]

Previous Topic:HELP Why does model look like this?
Next Topic:Is there a way to merge Collada files together?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.