Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Design » Color issue with shop 3D animated view and .WRL files exported from ViaCad 8.0
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Color issue with shop 3D animated view and .WRL files exported from ViaCad 8.0 [message #71925] Sun, 21 July 2013 12:44 UTC Go to next message
avatar BrettWoodard  is currently offline BrettWoodard
Go to my shop
Hopefully this is the right forum area to post this.

When I upload a .WRL file onto Shapeways that I export from ViaCad 8.0, the colors are sometimes wrong.

The static 2D picture generated by Shapeways has the proper color and when I print the models, the colors are correct. It just seems to be the 3D view that has the wrong colors. Here is a permalink to one of my uploaded models with the issue: http://shpws.me/oyNb.

I've had this issue with several different models I've uploaded. I was hoping there was a fix, or maybe a way to delete the 3D rotating view of the product since it isn't showing the colors correctly.

Thanks,
Brett

Brett
Re: Color issue with shop 3D animated view and .WRL files exported from ViaCad 8.0 [message #71926 is a reply to message #71925 ] Sun, 21 July 2013 12:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Known problem with the rotating preview, not limited to WRL files exported from some particular program...
Wish they would put that information somewhere in the FAQ or on the upload page while the software team
is busy with other tasks.
Re: Color issue with shop 3D animated view and .WRL files exported from ViaCad 8.0 [message #71938 is a reply to message #71926 ] Sun, 21 July 2013 22:17 UTC Go to previous message
avatar BrettWoodard  is currently offline BrettWoodard
Go to my shop
mkroeker

Thanks for the reply. It is good to know that it isn't the way I'm designing my models causing the problems with the viewer.

-Brett

Brett

Previous Topic:Skyrim Dovakin
Next Topic:3D printing competition

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.