Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Invalid Public Key Security Object file
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon9.gif  Invalid Public Key Security Object file [message #66782] Wed, 24 April 2013 11:46 UTC Go to next message
avatar hjhearle  is currently offline hjhearle
Go to my shop
Hi,

A firend who is currently creating some designs for me has sent me the finished designs as .stl attachments in an email. However when I try to open them to upload I get the error message:

Invalid Public Key Security Object File

This file is invalid for use as the following: Certificate Trust list

Can someone explain what is happening? I have looked this up elsewhere on the internet but the answers aren't really helpful.

(It might be caused by the fact that I don't have a 3D program on my computer, but I would of thought it could still be uploaded to Shapeways regardless. When I try to upload it I can't because a youtube video appears in front of everything and the close button is not there so I can't get rid of it). Sad
Re: Invalid Public Key Security Object file [message #66789 is a reply to message #66782 ] Wed, 24 April 2013 12:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Which operating system and which browser ?
The first problem - the certificate error message - probably comes up when you try to open the stl
file in windows - as you said, you have no 3d program installed, so windows probably guesses the
appropriate software from the extension (and .stl can mean a security certificate file on windows)
Download a free copy of netfabb studio basic from netfabb.com if you want to see what your model
looks like - this program will also allow you to check the file for errors, or to rescale it if necessary.

The second problem must be a browser issue - the embedded youtube video is displayed in the
wrong part of the web page. I have seen this with old versions of firefox. Can you try with a different
browser ?

Re: Invalid Public Key Security Object file [message #66797 is a reply to message #66789 ] Wed, 24 April 2013 13:00 UTC Go to previous message
avatar hjhearle  is currently offline hjhearle
Go to my shop
Yeah- I have the video problem with most sites... my workplace still uses old operating systems and outdated software (MS 2003...)

I've got around the problem by hitting "Enter" on the keyboard. It seems to clear it somehow... don't ask me why!

I'll try and download a 3D program like that one- Google does a free one which seems to suit my requirements well enough.

Previous Topic:3D preview
Next Topic:Cluster!@#$ of Printing Problems

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.