Home » Support » Buying » Delivery Charges/Consolidation of orders
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Delivery Charges/Consolidation of orders [message #61404] Tue, 05 February 2013 16:49 UTC Go to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi,

I made 3 separate orders, with target ship dates of 5th, 7th and 11th. They all shipped on the 4th and arrived to day with no problems (I do not live in Canada).

This is good in one way but kind of frustrating in that they could all have been shipped together and I would have saved 9.86 Eur.

I know this has been discussed before, but are the shipping volumes SO huge that this kind of thing cannot be picked up?
Re: Delivery Charges/Consolidation of orders [message #61408 is a reply to message #61404 ] Tue, 05 February 2013 17:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith is currently online stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
There are probably an equal number of people who would WANT separate boxes, so that they could re-ship the products to other customers.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Delivery Charges/Consolidation of orders [message #61409 is a reply to message #61408 ] Tue, 05 February 2013 17:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Do you really think so? I would be most interested to find out if this is the case. I'm sure I could buy a small cardboard box for less than 4.93 Eur.

Since all my prints no doubt come from Holland, and since as has been discussed before there is some way of aggregating products in different materials from different sub-contractors which arrive at different times, into one delivery it would not seem a stretch to me from there to consolidate packages.
Re: Delivery Charges/Consolidation of orders [message #61413 is a reply to message #61409 ] Tue, 05 February 2013 19:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Yes, we get loads of requests for this so it's on our roadmap Smile

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Delivery Charges/Consolidation of orders [message #63950 is a reply to message #61413 ] Wed, 13 March 2013 01:49 UTC Go to previous message
avatar PeregrineStudios  is currently offline PeregrineStudios
Go to my shop
Consolidation is a good idea. However, Stony's right, some of us want to keep them separate (for various reasons - in my case, as with others, it's because I need to keep the value of each individual parcel below $20, or else UPS slaps me with a brokerage fee). So if this is on your roadmap, please make sure an 'opt-out' option is on it as well.

Previous Topic:using $25 sample credit coupon
Next Topic:Combining Shipping?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.