Home » Community » General Discussion » New Guy
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
New Guy [message #59931] Wed, 09 January 2013 20:44 UTC Go to next message
avatar raymondlemarre  is currently offline raymondlemarre
Go to my shop
i just uploaded a model I made in Sculptris. Shapeway has accepted it, but the model appears as if its on its backside instead of upright. A customer cannot tell what they are buying. How do I ensure that they see the image they are meant to see?
Re: New Guy [message #59932 is a reply to message #59931 ] Wed, 09 January 2013 20:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
The orientation of the render is based on the file you upload. So you can rotate the model and re-upload, or you can make your own render and upload that image as the image to use for your item.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: New Guy [message #59934 is a reply to message #59931 ] Wed, 09 January 2013 21:10 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Sculptris has the local Y axis as the line for left/right symmetry, Shapeways treats the local Y axis as the vertical axis. There's a couple of solutions, use other software to re-orientate the model's local axis or (the easiest) take a screenshot of the model in the orientation that you'd like to be displayed, crop/tidy up the image and upload the image to the model page and then set that image as the default image for the model Smile

Paul

Previous Topic:WSF: Can it Take the Heat?
Next Topic:Stainless steel strength for trophy

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.