Home » Community » General Discussion » All-Metal Circa 1898 USS Holland Model Submarine
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
All-Metal Circa 1898 USS Holland Model Submarine [message #56067] Sat, 27 October 2012 21:57 UTC Go to next message
avatar sunworksco  is currently offline sunworksco
Go to all my models
Hello,
I am new to the forum and have a few questions. Please excuse my lack of 3-D printing knowledge .
I am proposing to build 6 all-metal USS Holland submarine model kits in 1/12th scale ( 54" Length ).
The fittings will be cast in silicone bronze, using the lost wax casting method. The fittings will consist of turrets, hatches, bollards, propellers, etc. I would like to use the 3-D printed models to make RTV moulds for moulding the wax models. The wax models will then be invested into a ceramic stucco moulds for casting the silicon bronze parts.
What is the best procedure and plastic material for my method ? I would like to have the highest resolution and semi-durable for the RTV moulding process.

Kind regards,
Giovanni

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac335/sunworksco/ComputerGraphicOfUSSHolland-1.jpg
Re: All-Metal Circa 1898 USS Holland Model Submarine [message #56301 is a reply to message #56067 ] Mon, 05 November 2012 13:35 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Check out out post production techniques section. Almost every experiment that has been done with Shapeways materials is in there.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:Gum material?
Next Topic:Choices of Material for Chopsticks