Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Bug. 3rd party shipping wrong Shipping address passed on to UPS systems: Shipment blocked.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Bug. 3rd party shipping wrong Shipping address passed on to UPS systems: Shipment blocked. [message #54841] Thu, 04 October 2012 08:14 UTC Go to next message
avatar jeang  is currently offline jeang
Go to my shop
Hello,

A bug passes on the wrong address to the UPS shipping system. Indeed, when shipping to another party, the shipping address as entered on the ORDER form is amended and our company name incorrectly appears in the SHIP TO fields (See order #149536).
As a result we have our package blocked by UPS in India who will not deliver it the "incorrect" addressee.
UPS in such case requires that Shapeways contact them to amend the address and correct it, manually !

I really hope Shapeways will correct this issue rapidely (and our package will be released asap) and will keep you the forum updated.

Regards,
Jean P

Re: Bug. 3rd party shipping wrong Shipping address passed on to UPS systems: Shipment blocked. [message #54850 is a reply to message #54841 ] Thu, 04 October 2012 13:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Jean,

Have you emailed support? They are the best route to get issues like this fixed.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Bug. 3rd party shipping wrong Shipping address passed on to UPS systems: Shipment blocked. [message #54851 is a reply to message #54850 ] Thu, 04 October 2012 13:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jeang  is currently offline jeang
Go to my shop
Hello Michael,

Thanks for your answer.
I am in contact with support, the package arrived, however there appears to be a bug in the dataflow somewhere. I suspect the interface to your UPS application has a wrong mapping or something of the sort.
This is the second time this occurs to me. Where our name appears as the receipient when sending it to a 3rd party.
This is worth fixing as this will happen to all sending the package to a recipient different from the company placing the order.

Regards,
Jean P.
Re: Bug. 3rd party shipping wrong Shipping address passed on to UPS systems: Shipment blocked. [message #54852 is a reply to message #54841 ] Thu, 04 October 2012 13:29 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Glad Service was able to take care of it! As long as you tell them about issues like this, they will pass on the information to the ones that can fix it.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Changing material in cart impossible when not logged in
Next Topic:Product Variants Mod goes to blank page

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.