Home » Support » 3D Printing » purple color on wsf? and sample kit fused?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon5.gif  purple color on wsf? and sample kit fused? [message #53304] Wed, 29 August 2012 15:22 UTC Go to next message
avatar 3gfisch  is currently offline 3gfisch
Go to my shop
i have a few purple spots on my wsf and i like to know where are they from? manufacturing or transport or??
http://s7.directupload.net/images/120829/vc5xwdov.jpg

and sample kit also wsf is fused together
http://s1.directupload.net/images/120829/nlzg628s.jpg

any ideas?
thx

[Updated on: Wed, 29 August 2012 19:11 UTC]

Re: purple color on wsf? and sample kit fused? [message #53308 is a reply to message #53304 ] Wed, 29 August 2012 15:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith is currently online stonysmith
Go to my shop
On the Sample kit... take a toothpick and see if it's just loose material that didn't get cleaned.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: purple color on wsf? and sample kit fused? [message #53309 is a reply to message #53308 ] Wed, 29 August 2012 16:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
stonysmith wrote on Wed, 29 August 2012 15:48

On the Sample kit... take a toothpick and see if it's just loose material that didn't get cleaned.

thx worked ^^ haven't thought that the powder is pressed in that hard ^^ i wonder how they get the powder out of my other prints ^^ must this don all by hand by every model? i thought 90% of the powder will fall out if you take it out of the printer ^^
thx

[Updated on: Wed, 29 August 2012 18:53 UTC]

Re: purple color on wsf? and sample kit fused? [message #53312 is a reply to message #53304 ] Wed, 29 August 2012 17:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
The purple is confounding me. I wouldn't think the non-dyed parts would get close to dyed parts to transfer color?!? I'll see if anyone knows!

If the color is a problem, email CS to get it straightened out.

[Updated on: Wed, 29 August 2012 17:07 UTC]

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: purple color on wsf? and sample kit fused? [message #53319 is a reply to message #53304 ] Wed, 29 August 2012 18:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi 3gfisch,

3gfisch wrote on Wed, 29 August 2012 16:33

i wonder how they get the powder out of my other prints ^^ must this don all by hand by every model? i thought 90% of the powder will fall out if you take it out of the printer ^^
thx

It would be great if the powder just fell out by itself! But no, we clean every part by hand, and sometimes a bit of powder will get stuck and stay there, so some loosening will get the part free, just as Stony suggested.

For the color though: that should not have happened!
Did you order a purple part too and maybe they touched in transport? It would be useful to know if under extreme heat or wet conditions the color transfered, so I am curious to know, as once it is dyed it is not supposed to transfer.

Regardless, we will fix it for you! So please feel free to email service@shapeways.com with the photo and we will happily reprint the part in WHITE!

Best,
Natalia

[Updated on: Wed, 29 August 2012 18:31 UTC]

Community Manager | Shapeways
Re: purple color on wsf? and sample kit fused? [message #53324 is a reply to message #53319 ] Wed, 29 August 2012 19:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
natalia wrote on Wed, 29 August 2012 18:31

For the color though: that should not have happened!
Did you order a purple part too and maybe they touched in transport? It would be useful to know if under extreme heat or wet conditions the color transfered, so I am curious to know, as once it is dyed it is not supposed to transfer.

Nop i ordered white, alumide and red parts and only by the small parts in one bag have a vew purple spots.
Reprint is not necessary because this are more or less experiments ^^ but a few cents off my next order will be better ^^
but this souldnt happen in future an especially not if someone buys this in my shop..
I will email..
Re: purple color on wsf? and sample kit fused? [message #53333 is a reply to message #53324 ] Wed, 29 August 2012 19:53 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
I guess they have a very stressed out octopus in the machine shop doing the unloading.
Razz

Previous Topic:Unglazed Ceramic
Next Topic:to low polygons? or non phong tag?