Home » Community » It arrived! » iPhone Case with Cross of Jesus
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
iPhone Case with Cross of Jesus [message #51699] Mon, 23 July 2012 13:44 UTC Go to next message
avatar PlainOrb  is currently offline PlainOrb
Go to my shop
Just receive my first iPhone case design last week http://shpws.me/biWa

index.php?t=getfile&id=18798&private=0

This is an iPhone Case for the one who love Jesus. I hope you enjoy his accompany. It's also designed to engrave names on it as customization. As you can see, it's designed for decoration and style. Feel free to post what you think of it Smile

• Attachment: DSC08858.JPG
    (Size: 249.75KB, Downloaded 290 time(s))

[Updated on: Mon, 23 July 2012 13:46 UTC]

Plain Orb
Re: iPhone Case with Cross of Jesus [message #51772 is a reply to message #51699 ] Tue, 24 July 2012 14:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jeff  is currently offline jeff
Go to my shop
Good work for your first case, get the fit right on your 1st try?

I like the sweeping curves connecting the corners across the back. The cross doesn't look integrated into the design tho and comes across as just tacked onto on the back as an after thought. Also the connection method with the thick wires wrapping around the front of the phone look a bit large and clunky.

After some more refining you could have a great design, keep up the good work.

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign
Re: iPhone Case with Cross of Jesus [message #51836 is a reply to message #51772 ] Wed, 25 July 2012 14:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar PlainOrb  is currently offline PlainOrb
Go to my shop
Hi Jeff,

Actually I had a failed prototype before, so this 2nd prototype fits right.

The sweeping curves were inspired from palms that paved the way when Jesus entered Jerusalem. I'm happy you like it.

Yes, the cross is actually integrated as a top layer to the bottom layer. This is the most visual trick I made with this design Razz

The wires are used to lock the case from slipping off the iphone and protect the charger port.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 July 2012 02:09 UTC]

Plain Orb
Re: iPhone Case with Cross of Jesus [message #51839 is a reply to message #51699 ] Wed, 25 July 2012 14:59 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Nice design. Could I ask where everyone gets there phone dimensions from? Does Apple provide that somewhere or do you just measure a phone?

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:Two new sterling silver rings
Next Topic:Stag Beetle

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.