Home » Support » 3D Applications » [Blender/Netfabb] Easy way to increase wall thickness?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
[Blender/Netfabb] Easy way to increase wall thickness? [message #51538] Wed, 18 July 2012 19:21 UTC Go to next message
avatar Moosh89  is currently offline Moosh89
Go to my shop
Hi

I tried to get some rings printed, but I received an email saying the wall thickness was an issue and they could not be printed in the gold plated stainless steel or polished alumide

I am still new to modeling and Blender/Netfabb, but with one of these two programs is there an easy way to increase my wall thickness without having to remodel the entire ring?

index.php?t=getfile&id=18651&private=0

Thank you!

• Attachment: 351525-1.JPG
    (Size: 82.82KB, Downloaded 119 time(s))

[Updated on: Wed, 18 July 2012 19:22 UTC]

Re: [Blender/Netfabb] Easy way to increase wall thickness? [message #51592 is a reply to message #51538 ] Thu, 19 July 2012 22:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
Yes there is a way.
Get yourself a copy of http://www.marcam.de/cms/viscam-mesh.84.en.html 30 days usable test version
Open your model, click on 'Manipulate surfaces' pick the surface you want. Either right click or goto ' Facets' 'Offset model'. Have a play with the settings. It should work on individual surfaces.

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: [Blender/Netfabb] Easy way to increase wall thickness? [message #51593 is a reply to message #51592 ] Thu, 19 July 2012 22:08 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Moosh89  is currently offline Moosh89
Go to my shop
Thank you for the reply

While I was waiting I decided to try redo it, I am almost finished I think, Hopefully it will work out!

I will keep that in mind for the next time this issue arises Smile

Previous Topic:Support for voxel data
Next Topic:Problem with sizes