Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Support » 3D Printing » The Most Transparent Material
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
The Most Transparent Material [message #50273] Sat, 23 June 2012 14:30 UTC Go to next message
avatar MostlyMatthew  is currently offline MostlyMatthew
Go to my shop
Hello.
I am attempting to make some small (one inch tall) stoppered bottles with colored liquid inside that will show through. (Think dollhouse-sized potion bottles.) I would like to have the bottles printed in 3D. I am wondering which material would be the best for my project.
Frosted detail looks like it would work for my purposes, but I would like to know whether or not transparent detail is more transparent and cannot find a transparency rating for it since it is a sub-material of white detail.
Thank you for your help!
-Matthew
Re: The Most Transparent Material [message #50275 is a reply to message #50273 ] Sat, 23 June 2012 15:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to my shop
Either would do, but you would have to paint the with something like Johnsons Kleer to get a glass like finish.

Bill Bedford
Re: The Most Transparent Material [message #50285 is a reply to message #50273 ] Sun, 24 June 2012 05:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MostlyMatthew  is currently offline MostlyMatthew
Go to my shop
I don't mind the non-glossy finish it has, in fact I think it kind of gives it a more mysterious, magical quality like frosted glass. I just want to know which one the colored liquid would show through better.
Re: The Most Transparent Material [message #50289 is a reply to message #50285 ] Sun, 24 June 2012 11:29 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Dragoman  is currently offline Dragoman
Go to my shop
From my impression, Transparent Detail is slightly more transparent, but as BIll said, both should do for the purpose.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Previous Topic:Wax Seal
Next Topic:Stainless steel, 3mm or 2mm?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.