Home » Community » General Discussion » Any idea how to fix this "multiple shells" error?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Any idea how to fix this "multiple shells" error? [message #49926] Sun, 17 June 2012 06:59 UTC Go to next message
avatar terrymisu  is currently offline terrymisu
Go to all my models
Hi,

My STL file passed the automated check, but was rejected later by shapeways due to it having "multiple shells".

Attached is an image.

Any idea how to make this become one shell?

I'm using AutoDesk Inventor. I extruded the teeth from the cylinder and I'm new to this. I'm really not sure why it's not working as expected.

Thanks!

• Attachment: 330690 -1.JPG
    (Size: 152.99KB, Downloaded 41 time(s))

Re: Any idea how to fix this "multiple shells" error? [message #49929 is a reply to message #49926 ] Sun, 17 June 2012 07:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
To me, it looks like the green teeth are not touchng the surface of the blue part, drop the teeth so that their bases intersect with the blue part, and then upload the .stl file to NetFabb Cloud Service - the service will 'repair' your model and boolean the teeth with the main part which you can then download from them. The cloud service will also tell you how many shells there are, one is a good number Smile

Once this is done and your model is one shell, you shouldn't have any issues with odering from Shapeways.

Paul
Re: Any idea how to fix this "multiple shells" error? [message #49930 is a reply to message #49926 ] Sun, 17 June 2012 07:57 UTC Go to previous message
avatar pfeiffer stylez  is currently offline pfeiffer stylez
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=17697&private=0

Does the connection between the cylinder and the teeths look kinda like that ?

• Attachment: 3.png
    (Size: 23.28KB, Downloaded 135 time(s))

Previous Topic:why don't they update us when there's problems?
Next Topic:Material suitable for food

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.