Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » Post Production Techniques » Felt-tip pen on WSF?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Felt-tip pen on WSF? [message #4823] Mon, 08 June 2009 20:08 UTC Go to next message
avatar gibell  is currently offline gibell
Go to my shop
Has anyone tried a permanent felt-tip pen for coloring parts of a WSF piece? This would seem very simple compared to painting, but perhaps the results are not so good. I would think it would be better for lines as opposed to coloring in areas. But bleeding might be an issue.
Re: Felt-tip pen on WSF? [message #4911 is a reply to message #4823 ] Sun, 14 June 2009 14:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Whystler  is currently offline Whystler
Go to my shop
There was a fellow who made a labyrinth pendant, who coloured it with a metallic marker. I liked the look of this, and tried it on a small WSF piece. It works well, but for the metaliic, you need two coats for it to "shine" like metal. I would suggest that your marker be quite new and juicy for this.

I have also tried it with the "transparent detail" material and it looks very very nice! The marker doesn't have to be juicy for this. Just enough to paint/stain colour around.

-Whystler

[Updated on: Sun, 14 June 2009 14:46 UTC]

Check out my website: http://tshawnjohnson.wordpress.com/
Re: Felt-tip pen on WSF? [message #5056 is a reply to message #4823 ] Sun, 28 June 2009 10:31 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
George,

A felt-tip pen gives a lot of smear as the porous nylon absorps it. Instead, I used black paint and a mini brush. Works like a charm. See at http://www.shapeways.com/model/26741/wimtvane.html

Oskar

Previous Topic:WSF postwork
Next Topic:Finishing Black detail parts?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.