Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Model preview not showing current model
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Model preview not showing current model [message #47928] Sat, 05 May 2012 13:27 UTC Go to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Approx 10 hours ago I uploaded a new model. As I made revisions I uploaded about 5 different versions, however the static preview image has not changed at all since the first one was uploaded.

The image should show a bail on the pendant on the right hand side (pendant lying down) but it is missing. The dimensions are correct, however. Finally, I uploaded the pendant standing up and very briefly saw the image correctly at some point during the process. Believing I hadn't allowed enough time for the system to update (never a problem before) I left it overnight. However, still the image has stayed the same.

Now, if you click on the spinning 3D preview it DOES show correctly! (as it did last night).

If you want to see this for yourself please click below.

LINK HERE

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Model preview not showing current model [message #47934 is a reply to message #47928 ] Sat, 05 May 2012 16:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar WillLaPuerta  is currently offline WillLaPuerta
Go to my shop
I've got the exact same issue with one of mine. Luckily it's not something I've put up for sale yet.

"I am just a humble servant with a message here for you" Reaper Media on Facebook
Re: Model preview not showing current model [message #47935 is a reply to message #47934 ] Sat, 05 May 2012 17:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dragoman  is currently offline Dragoman
Go to my shop
Seems to be a general problem. Others have reported the same issue, to. At least, in this Thread, they have promised the developers "are already on it".

Greetings
Karl Heinz

[Updated on: Sat, 05 May 2012 17:38 UTC]

Re: Model preview not showing current model [message #47983 is a reply to message #47935 ] Mon, 07 May 2012 11:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
Hey guys,

Development team is on it and will release a fix as soon as possible for this.

My apologies for the confusion!

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: Model preview not showing current model [message #48621 is a reply to message #47928 ] Fri, 18 May 2012 01:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar OzRailwaysTstuff  is currently offline OzRailwaysTstuff
Go to my shop
Is this Bug still around?

Because some of my images and thumbnails don't seem to want to update.
Re: Model preview not showing current model [message #48622 is a reply to message #48621 ] Fri, 18 May 2012 01:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
It's still happening with a bunch of mine.

"I am just a humble servant with a message here for you" Reaper Media on Facebook
Re: Model preview not showing current model [message #48746 is a reply to message #47928 ] Tue, 22 May 2012 01:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Is there an update as to when this is going to be corrected? I mean obviously something that wasn't broken was "fixed' and what wasn't broken before sure is now!

Re: Model preview not showing current model [message #49255 is a reply to message #47928 ] Fri, 01 June 2012 01:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Now finally working...

Glenn

Re: Model preview not showing current model [message #49274 is a reply to message #49255 ] Fri, 01 June 2012 12:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bdickason  is currently offline bdickason
Go to my shop
I work here
lensman wrote on Fri, 01 June 2012 01:40

Now finally working...

Glenn

Thanks for the patience Glenn Smile Our recent images release should have resolved this completely. If you notice any problems, I just subscribed to this thread so you can just reply here Very Happy

Director of Product - Shapeways
Re: Model preview not showing current model [message #49277 is a reply to message #49274 ] Fri, 01 June 2012 13:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Well, the images from before they started updating are fixed, but now I've got a couple new ones that seem to be stuck. Is it just a matter of time?

Re: Model preview not showing current model [message #49306 is a reply to message #49277 ] Fri, 01 June 2012 19:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bdickason  is currently offline bdickason
Go to my shop
I work here
WillLaPuerta wrote on Fri, 01 June 2012 13:23

Well, the images from before they started updating are fixed, but now I've got a couple new ones that seem to be stuck. Is it just a matter of time?

I just sent you a PM to get some more info Smile

Director of Product - Shapeways
Re: Model preview not showing current model [message #49312 is a reply to message #47928 ] Fri, 01 June 2012 19:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Great, and there I was getting all excited....

Glenn

Re: Model preview not showing current model [message #49317 is a reply to message #49312 ] Fri, 01 June 2012 20:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Well, the weird thing is it's only the previews in my shop or models page where it's not working. The larger images on the product page work just fine. I've tried refreshing the page, but it didn't change anything.

Re: Model preview not showing current model [message #49318 is a reply to message #47928 ] Fri, 01 June 2012 21:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Yes, you are correct. I hadn't noticed that. Something very strange is going on. The preview page of a model I uploaded a couple of weeks ago is showing correctly, however, the preview of a model I uploaded yesterday is not updating (but large image on product page is).

Glenn

Re: Model preview not showing current model [message #49527 is a reply to message #47928 ] Thu, 07 June 2012 15:00 UTC Go to previous message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Guys,

Happy to report this bug was fixed in todays service release!

So, when you upload a new version of your model, the image updates also.

Natalia

Shapeways Community Manager

Previous Topic:Model sizes incorrect?
Next Topic:Checking models offline - Possible?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.