Home » Community » Work in progress » Gearwheel/Steampunk Ring
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Gearwheel/Steampunk Ring [message #47403] Mon, 23 April 2012 22:25 UTC Go to next message
avatar Shoba  is currently offline Shoba
Go to my shop
This is an Idea, that has been in my head for quite a while. Its a clockworkpunkish (Does Clockworkpunk even exist?)/steampunkish Ring Design. The Current Version is big, really big, since its supposed to fit on my Ring Finger (which is in the "Wiener Vereinigungsmaß" about 76, which is actually of the scale I found on Wikipedia).

index.php?t=getfile&id=16345&private=0

Re: Gearwheel/Steampunk Ring [message #47419 is a reply to message #47403 ] Tue, 24 April 2012 13:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Nice design, what's the intended material? It doesn't look like you plan to have it actually move? With that large top , don't forget about your knuckle. If the ring is metal you don't want your knuckle banging into it.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Gearwheel/Steampunk Ring [message #47442 is a reply to message #47419 ] Wed, 25 April 2012 01:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar arklan  is currently offline arklan
Go to my shop
love the design, and yes - clockpunk totally exists. Very Happy
Re: Gearwheel/Steampunk Ring [message #47458 is a reply to message #47403 ] Wed, 25 April 2012 07:36 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Shoba  is currently offline Shoba
Go to my shop
@Youknowwho4eva:
Thank you :3. I think I'll print my prototype in Stainless Steel. I'd love to make those parts moveable (they should be moveable, looking at the gears alone), but I don't think its doable with the restrictions of steel printing. It should be doable on the other hand with frosted ultra detail or frosted detail for example. About the knuckle: Maybe if I make the ring itself a little bit broader, it shouldn't be a problem.

@arklan:

Previous Topic:Rose Bracelet
Next Topic:Common ivy leaf - feedback appreciated

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.