Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Help with Raspberry Pi case
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Help with Raspberry Pi case [message #45141] Fri, 09 March 2012 17:16 UTC Go to next message
avatar UncleDave  is currently offline UncleDave
Go to all my models
I have posted a high-level overview of a case design for a Raspberry Pi, http://www.raspberrypi.org/forum/projects-and-collaboration- general/musing-on-cases.

I would like to find somebody who can work with me to get to a final design.

UD.
Re: Help with Raspberry Pi case [message #45145 is a reply to message #45141 ] Fri, 09 March 2012 17:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Hi UncleDave,

Welcome to Shapeways! Smile

I'd love to help you out designing a case for the R-Pi, one direction cableing is something I'm already thinking off, as well as redireting the stauts LED light with a light guide for a stackable footprint.

Only one slight stumbling block though, the actual dimensions & positioning of the sockets on the production board (I just got my confirmation email from RS today, so may be in for a very long wait til I get my hands on one)

Paul
Re: Help with Raspberry Pi case [message #45225 is a reply to message #45141 ] Sat, 10 March 2012 10:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar UncleDave  is currently offline UncleDave
Go to all my models
Hi Paul,

That's good news.

I must agree with you that the LEDs are a concern for me. Most (if not all) of the designs that I've seen either ignore the LEDs or use clear plastic to extend the LED (http://marcoalici.wordpress.com/). This post mentions that LEDs can be controlled via GPIO, as soon as I can get some boards I'll have a developer see what we can do.

There are some models out there and there so we can get an accurate idea of the R-Pi board.

I have a pretty good idea of what I'm looking for in a case (i have a similar design on paper) can I send a scan of that to you? As far as the case on the R-Pi forum goes, I need to add a LCD to it maybe I could sketch up a design for that that I could send through to you?

All the best,

UD.
Re: Help with Raspberry Pi case [message #45230 is a reply to message #45225 ] Sat, 10 March 2012 10:34 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Hi UD,

For sure, you can send images etc to me via PM on here or direct by email to paul[at]stop4stuff[dot]com.

I did already download the 3D model file from that exact same forum post and had a play around with mapping the PCB to see if the connecters were all right - but most wer positioned a bit wrong and some look to be different components - see http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&&th=8 109&goto=45014#msg_45014

Cheers,
Paul

Previous Topic:Any hobby injection molders for hire?
Next Topic:"Proofer" for full-color sandstone model needed