Home » Community » It arrived! » Flower Ornament, Piano Clip
Search Search  
 () 1 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Flower Ornament, Piano Clip [message #43263] Wed, 01 February 2012 02:45 UTC Go to next message
avatar TurtlesAreCool  is currently offline TurtlesAreCool
Go to my shop
Thanks to some great guidance from GlenG, I was able to receive my successful print of the commemorative flower ornament for my cousin. It turned out great! (although I need to clean out some of the remaining polishing or support material, which is the yellowish stuff caught in a few crevices)

I was afraid the text would not come out (too thin) but it worked fantastically!

index.php?t=getfile&id=14141&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=14144&private=0

You may note my somewhat lazy photo editing - I have yet to construct my inexpensive light tent ( http://www.digital-photography-school.com/how-to-make-a-inex pensive-light-tent), so I just blurred the shadows a little bit when I combined the photos and ran with it.

The second item, a clip for holding the pages of music books, also turned out very nicely, I think. It's always interesting to see the variation of color between different pieces - I guess the bronze infusion is the cause?

index.php?t=getfile&id=14143&private=0

Re: Flower Ornament, Piano Clip [message #43272 is a reply to message #43263 ] Wed, 01 February 2012 07:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Kaetemi  is currently offline Kaetemi
Go to my shop
This looks really nice Smile

Kaetemi
Re: Flower Ornament, Piano Clip [message #43394 is a reply to message #43272 ] Fri, 03 February 2012 17:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey Turtles, I gave your piano clip a shout out in Friday Finds. You should totally make it "for sale" though. Wink

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Flower Ornament, Piano Clip [message #43426 is a reply to message #43394 ] Sat, 04 February 2012 00:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Ana,

Thanks! I'm glad you like it - I'm surprised you thought the clip was better than the ornament - that one's my personal favorite.

In any case, thanks for reminding me. The clip is up here: http://www.shapeways.com/model/439183/music_clip___diamonds. html

I have to do some work to get the ornament co-creator-ready. Then that one will go up also.
Re: Flower Ornament, Piano Clip [message #43557 is a reply to message #43426 ] Mon, 06 February 2012 17:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
I love the ornament too, but the reason I chose the clip was that I was just a little nervous about whether the ornament would print reliably in the future. Some of those tendrils seemed a little thin.

Don't mean to give you cause for worry, but I decided it was better to play it safe. Wink

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Flower Ornament, Piano Clip [message #43611 is a reply to message #43557 ] Tue, 07 February 2012 14:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Ana,

Fair enough - that's your prerogative. I may push the boundaries to find the limits, but you must promote a safe path. The vines are rather thin - 1.1 x 2.2 mm. The size seems to have worked well so far, though - I had something similar on the heart ornament as well, although that one was not as complex as this one.
Re: Flower Ornament, Piano Clip [message #43688 is a reply to message #43611 ] Wed, 08 February 2012 19:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar LincolnK  is currently offline LincolnK
Go to my shop
The ornament is beautiful! The other piece is also very cool looking! Great work!!!

Lincoln

For special discounts and news add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Craftosterone
www.Craftosterone.com
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/novakingway
icon14.gif  Re: Flower Ornament, Piano Clip [message #43693 is a reply to message #43688 ] Wed, 08 February 2012 21:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar philatkin  is currently offline philatkin
Go to my shop
The flower piece is quite gorgeous - excellent!
Re: Flower Ornament, Piano Clip [message #43994 is a reply to message #43263 ] Tue, 14 February 2012 09:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tiny purple treehouse  is currently offline tiny purple treehouse
Go to my shop
Wow they look really beautiful!
The flower ornament has so much detail!

adorable 3D-printed jewelry
facebook.com/tinypurpletreehouse
tinyblueapartment.blogspot.nl/
Re: Flower Ornament, Piano Clip [message #44017 is a reply to message #43994 ] Tue, 14 February 2012 17:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thank you all for the compliments. I have to get moving, because the wedding is in 10 days. I have been distracted a bit recently (ahem, Skyrim), but I still plan to apply a bit of paint to the vines and flower to make them stand out better. I'll post pictures when it's done.
Re: Flower Ornament, Piano Clip [message #44065 is a reply to message #43263 ] Wed, 15 February 2012 11:01 UTC Go to previous message
avatar tiny purple treehouse  is currently offline tiny purple treehouse
Go to my shop
haha understandable distraction Wink
Looking forward to the new pictures!

adorable 3D-printed jewelry
facebook.com/tinypurpletreehouse
tinyblueapartment.blogspot.nl/

Previous Topic:New rocking ANCHOR pendant printed in silver
Next Topic:Airships!