Home » Community » It arrived! » Eastern Dragon Dangler
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon14.gif  Eastern Dragon Dangler [message #37483] Thu, 27 October 2011 19:41 UTC Go to next message
avatar Action_N  is currently offline Action_N
Go to my shop
A cell phone charm commissioned by a client, this Eastern-style dragon measures approximately 2" long. The resolution in FUD is incredible; every detail came out clearly, from the spine fins to the tiny claws.

Eastern Dragon Dangler in FUD, with inch ruler for scale.

index.php?t=getfile&id=11645&private=0

Regards,
Action N

"And though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

~ Ulysses
Re: Eastern Dragon Dangler [message #37558 is a reply to message #37483 ] Fri, 28 October 2011 20:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar LincolnK  is currently offline LincolnK
Go to my shop
Very cool!

How was the surface? Was it consistently smooth, or were there any parts that were not smooth (due to printing).

I temporarily stopped printing FUD because all of my prints had weird surface issues, so I am hoping that doesn't happen any more.

Lincoln

For special discounts and news add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Craftosterone
www.Craftosterone.com
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/novakingway
Re: Eastern Dragon Dangler [message #38093 is a reply to message #37558 ] Mon, 07 November 2011 03:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
NovaKing,

The surface seemed uniformly smooth to me, although having never printed in FUD before, I don't really have any points of reference.

Regards,
Action N

"And though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

~ Ulysses
Re: Eastern Dragon Dangler [message #38098 is a reply to message #38093 ] Mon, 07 November 2011 09:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AD-Edge  is currently offline AD-Edge
Go to my shop
Nice design, whats the strength like? Something with such tiny details (looking at those arms and fingers) must be rather fragile?

Re: Eastern Dragon Dangler [message #38135 is a reply to message #38098 ] Mon, 07 November 2011 20:52 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
AD-Edge,

I was actually quite surprised at the material strength. I wouldn't try stepping on it, but for something that will probably be hanging out of someone's pants pocket, I think it will hold up fairly well.

Regards,
Action N

~ Ulysses

Previous Topic:Never underestimate the power of the Schwartz
Next Topic:Druid Signet Rings and Gearpunk Dice Set