Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Support » 3D Printing » Rubber Prints
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Rubber Prints [message #34109] Sat, 10 September 2011 20:12 UTC Go to next message
avatar ramadan  is currently offline ramadan
Go to all my models
I know Shapeways doesn't do rubber, but here's the thing, I wanted to print a badge in rubber and it has two colors, black and white, like bag badges, and I don't know what to do.

I tried printing it as a multi-part BSF and WSF that clip together, and it worked out fine, but it feels odd and I'd rather do it in rubber.

Any recommendations on printing such rubber badges, like 30 of them, so not really a mass quantity to go to China!
Re: Rubber Prints [message #35792 is a reply to message #34109 ] Mon, 03 October 2011 17:34 UTC Go to previous message
avatar coolbutpointless  is currently offline coolbutpointless
Go to all my models
I would recommend hitting up your local hobby store(or www.smoothon.com) and getting a starter kit for mold making.

Make a silicone mold of your pieces and then cast them in a urethane rubber!

Smooth-On and YouTube have some really good tutorials on how to make molds and such!

Previous Topic:Frosted Detail
Next Topic:Shrinkage Question - WSF and Silver

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.