Home » Community » It arrived! » Sand(stone) Castle
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Sand(stone) Castle [message #28622] Sun, 05 June 2011 14:07 UTC Go to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Not to distract from my chanting of FUD! FUD! FUD!, Laughing but one of my customers asked me to take a small side trip into SandStone.

This model was purpose-built for a specific use. If you want to see it in person, come to the National Train Show in Sacramento CA this July 8-10, 2011 (and, it won't be in my shop until after NTS)

I am MORE than pleased with how this castle turned out.

index.php?t=getfile&id=9214&private=0

One technical note.. bright afternoon sun and the dark flowers causes the castle to appear whiter than it actually is. It IS the normal sandstone-brown color, but the picture here was just too good not to share.

• Attachment: DSCN8531.JPG
    (Size: 93.52KB, Downloaded 470 time(s))

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Sand(stone) Castle [message #28625 is a reply to message #28622 ] Sun, 05 June 2011 16:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
Very nice!

-Marcus
Re: Sand(stone) Castle [message #28657 is a reply to message #28622 ] Mon, 06 June 2011 16:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Nane  is currently offline Nane
Go to all my models
Would be sweet to put some LED lights in it, have the towers and inside glowing/giving off light. very enjoyable, I always like looking at the miniature model castles and towns they often have in souvenir shops here and there...
Re: Sand(stone) Castle [message #28786 is a reply to message #28622 ] Wed, 08 June 2011 23:53 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Yeah, I second that - lights would be awesome.

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:Long Dice arrived
Next Topic:FUD parts