Home » Community » General Discussion » Printing error
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon5.gif  Printing error [message #24993] Sat, 19 March 2011 14:14 UTC Go to next message
avatar Arbron Imagineering  is currently offline Arbron Imagineering
Go to my shop
Had a question. Some models when uploaded seem fine. But when I would go to have it printed, it wont because of some error in the model.

Is there a way to have this checked before trying to print it ?

Kirk

Kirk
alderfek@aol.com

North of Mason, South of Dixon, 2nd star to the right.
Re: Printing error [message #24994 is a reply to message #24993 ] Sat, 19 March 2011 14:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Jettuh  is currently offline Jettuh
Go to my shop
because of some error?

in the 3d printing world there are tons of errors Wink
can you explain the error some better?
Re: Printing error [message #24996 is a reply to message #24994 ] Sat, 19 March 2011 16:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Arbron Imagineering  is currently offline Arbron Imagineering
Go to my shop
Usally it is a thin area in hte body of the model. But there had been som eodd errors(which I didnt keep the email of) that caused the part to not be printed. Next time I get this, I will post it here.

Kirk

Kirk
alderfek@aol.com

North of Mason, South of Dixon, 2nd star to the right.
Re: Printing error [message #24998 is a reply to message #24996 ] Sat, 19 March 2011 16:59 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
If you are uploading your models as STLs, I would recommend grabbing a copy of Netfabb Studio Basic (free) from http://www.netfabb.com/

It has tools to allow you to measure any part of your model, and tools to detect/repair some errors in your models.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products

Previous Topic:Printing Model Railroad Wheels a Good Idea?
Next Topic:Loss of scale data

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.