Home » Support » 3D Applications » Empty output
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Empty output [message #24286] Sun, 27 February 2011 00:40 UTC Go to next message
avatar Bunrattypark  is currently offline Bunrattypark
Go to my shop
I created a model using SketchUp, exported to 3DS, and saved as an STL using Meshlab. But I get an error message saying 'Empty output' when I try to upload.

Does this mean the file is empty? It's a 3D model. Or does it mean something else? What might be wrong? Thanks.
Re: Empty output [message #24295 is a reply to message #24286 ] Sun, 27 February 2011 19:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar barrys  is currently offline barrys
Go to all my models
I work here
'Empty output' is an return message from our MeshMedic. It means that when Meshmedic tried to repair your model it ended up with an empty output as a model. In this case (SS101) you have so many inverted normals (if not all of them) and shells in your model that when Meshmedic tried to repair those inverted normals the shells didn't seem to belong to eachother and got removed. It seemed to have done that to all shells, leaving it with an empty output.

You should remove all inverted normals from your design.

Barry
Re: Empty output [message #24297 is a reply to message #24295 ] Sun, 27 February 2011 20:08 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Bunrattypark  is currently offline Bunrattypark
Go to my shop
Many thanks, I have since managed to upload the model successfully. I appreciate your assistance.

Previous Topic:Hollow object after UV-mapping with Blender is not hollow any longer
Next Topic:[FIXED] Garbled model in Shapeways render