Home » Community » Work in progress » Table lamp 'Temptation' I need help with this!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Table lamp 'Temptation' I need help with this! [message #24084] Sun, 20 February 2011 23:02 UTC Go to next message
avatar Dogan  is currently offline Dogan
Go to all my models
Hello everyone,

I'm new and need help with my table lamp. This is for my current school project. I don't know how a lamp is constructed! Confused

I started off with the design and this is how far I got. I'm pleased with how it looks but what now?

link: http://www.shapeways.com/model/216591/table_lamp__temptation _.html?gid=ug71729

The wall thickness is around 1 mm. Will the light get through? How is the lamp gonna fit? Did I forget a part?

By the way, will the snake and apple be two separate objects or are they connected? I made this in Cinema 4D and connected the snake with the apple with the connect object.

-Dogan

Re: Table lamp 'Temptation' I need help with this! [message #24101 is a reply to message #24084 ] Mon, 21 February 2011 13:37 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Well there is a way to make it, and get a lamp. http://i.materialise.com/Tool/CreateYourOwnLamp
Now that would be more expensive then buying a lamp or the guts of a lamp and building your shade on shapeways. But you can use their template as a guide and still do your printing through shapeways. Or you can do it through them and have the whole thing delivered to you. Also look through there gallery. They use the same material as shapeways WSF, at .7mm-1mm I was told light doesn't penetrate too much, but causes it to glow

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:Floppy Disk Pendant
Next Topic:Something missing?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.