Home » Community » It arrived! » Riveted Heart Pendant arrived!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Riveted Heart Pendant arrived! [message #23280] Tue, 01 February 2011 05:44 UTC Go to next message
avatar noesis  is currently offline noesis
Go to my shop
Okay, so the blog post got to me! I designed a necklace for Valentine's Day, but only just barely in time to order it and have it arrive on time! lol, well I tried! Anyhow here it is, hope everyone likes it! These photos are completely untouched and the pendant is unpolished, though I'll probably polish it up to give it more shine. I think the print lines look awesome with the dented up looking surface of the heart.
index.php?t=getfile&id=6864&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=6865&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=6866&private=0

Re: Riveted Heart Pendant arrived! [message #23284 is a reply to message #23280 ] Tue, 01 February 2011 10:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Very unusual, but I like it very much! Smile

It's like the love is trying to break free of the heart Wink

Cheers

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Riveted Heart Pendant arrived! [message #23301 is a reply to message #23280 ] Tue, 01 February 2011 16:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
I love the layered ridges on the heart, it creates a beautiful, natural effect. Was that an intended design element, or a byproduct of the 3D printing?

Looks wonderful, either way.

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Riveted Heart Pendant arrived! [message #23319 is a reply to message #23280 ] Tue, 01 February 2011 19:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar noesis  is currently offline noesis
Go to my shop
@virtox, @ana, Thanks! I think your metaphor has inspired another idea! Smile @ana the ridges are just a happy accident from the printing process, they would have been more uniform and probably more boring but the intentional 'dings' in the surface of the heart gave them a really unusual effect. Oh, and welcome! Started designing anything of your own yet? Smile
Re: Riveted Heart Pendant arrived! [message #23338 is a reply to message #23319 ] Wed, 02 February 2011 04:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
@noesis Very cool. Now that you know its one of the common byproducts of the printing process, maybe you can design knowing it'll happen and being able to use it to your advantage. Smile And no designing for me just yet, but I think its high time that changed!

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Riveted Heart Pendant arrived! [message #23349 is a reply to message #23338 ] Wed, 02 February 2011 10:56 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Unfortunately, since we have no control on the printing direction, I am afraid that there is no way to use the stepping effect to our avantage...

So many things to design, so little time...

Previous Topic:Model Rides
Next Topic:Half Persian 4 in 1 chain maille sampler

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.