Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Awkward logic ...
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Awkward logic ... [message #23228] Mon, 31 January 2011 13:50 UTC Go to next message
avatar kontor_apart  is currently offline kontor_apart
Go to my shop
- Uploaded a model. Removed all but one material. Placed an order for the same.
- Only 4 (!!) days later, the order was rejected due to wall thickness issues.
- Fixed it to make it thicker and updated the model.
- Received the very encouraging email message:
Quote:

Based upon the size, volume and wallthickness of your product there is no printer available which is able to print your product. Please adjust the volume and/or size of your product.

- Uploaded the very same file as new model and voilà:
Quote:

We just finished processing your product called '...' and ran a few checks on it to make sure your product can be printed.

Your product, ..., has been successfully uploaded and will soon be available in your my designs page or you could go directly to the product details page. To order your product please add it to your basket and continue with the check-out process.

Re: Awkward logic ... [message #23233 is a reply to message #23228 ] Mon, 31 January 2011 14:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
What was the material left for the original?
Perhaps model not compatible with that one?

A new upload has all materials enabled by default.

Also what file format? Stl? perhaps wrong unit during upload?

Just guessing Wink

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Awkward logic ... [message #23313 is a reply to message #23228 ] Tue, 01 February 2011 17:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
This is a good question for Nancy. I'll point her to this thread and see if she has some insight on what could be causing the problem.

-Ben
Re: Awkward logic ... [message #23342 is a reply to message #23228 ] Wed, 02 February 2011 05:15 UTC Go to previous message
avatar nancyliang  is currently offline nancyliang
Go to my shop
I work here
Yup, I can see how that is confusing! There are several checks we do at different points in the process. There's a very simple check we do when you upload, then when you order there's a more comprehensive check that the production facility does. That's a potential reason why you are getting conflicting messages? Because different levels of scrutiny are applied to your model, since the original model was at a different point in the process?

I'm just hypothesizing since I don't really know the specific order & design you are referring to. I understand the messaging is confusing, I'll see what I can do to fix the email templates.

Have you tried e-mailing customer service? They can look into the specifics for you and help explain why your model is getting conflicting messages. You can also PM me with the specific order number or model number, and I'll see what I can find.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but let's see if we can get you some good answers!

Best,
Nancy

Product Manager
Twitter: @nliang

Previous Topic:How the pricing policy work? There are errors?
Next Topic:Silly question

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.