Visitor Count Statistics?

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by sbhunterca, Oct 30, 2014.

1. sbhunterca
    sbhunterca Well-Known Member
    My apologies if this has been discussed before, but a search didn't find it.

I was wondering if there is any way to track visitor count statistics for my Shapeways shop? This is an important tool- if the visitor count is low, more publicity is needed to attract potential customers, and if sales are low compared to visitor count it says something about the product line focus, pricing, etc.

My shop is very new so I expect fairly low visitor counts for a while, until my product line increases and becomes better known. I would like to track its growth, though!

Thanks,

Steve H

2. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    Use Google Analytics.

If you search the forums (use the search in the forum not the Shapeway's search) you should find some useful hints. You sign up with Google, get a code and then insert this in the correct place in your shopt setup.

It's easy - it must be, I managed to do it!

3. ProjectMobius
    ProjectMobius Well-Known Member
  4. sbhunterca
    sbhunterca Well-Known Member
    Thanks very much!

Steve

5. KokodaTrailModels
    KokodaTrailModels Well-Known Member
    Has anyone managed to get Analytics to show how many sales a shop has? So far it has been really good for me to see the amount of site viewers, where are are from, if they are returning viewers, what language their browser uses, and so on. But being able to see what percentage of viewers verses paying customers would be good too. I know GA can do it, but I just can't seem to get it to work.

Anyone else?

Apologies if this question has been asked somewhere else in the forums.

6. 478790_deleted
    478790_deleted Active Member
    @sbhunterca
    As an advanced step, If you have your own website, you can go for " Google Analytics Tracking Multiple Domains". It's one way of collecting visits to multiple domains (Your Shapeways shop+your own website for example) in a single view (profile)—as if they were a single site rather than two separate ones.