Setting up Google Analytics for Your Shapeways Shop
One of the most important aspects of designing great products is understanding the customers that show enough interest to take a look. Who are they? Where are they from? Are they buying? If not, why not? Shapeways supports Google Analytics, a tool to analyze who is visiting your shop, which can help you answer these questions.
Sign Up for Google Analytics
To get started, you’ll need to sign up for a Google Analytics account. If you already have a Gmail account, this is incredibly easy.
- Visit www.google.com/analytics
- Sign in with your Google credentials or create a new account if you don’t have one
- Sign up for Analytics through Google prompts
Enter www.shapeways.com in the Website URL field
Select your Industry Category and Reporting Time Zone
Check preferred Data Sharing Settings
Click "Get Tracking ID" to submit the form and save your account and accept the Google Analytics Terms of Service
Your tracking code is located at the top of the page. Copy and paste this code into the field on the Shop Settings page
- Account Name: If you have multiple sites, you will add an account; add an account name for your Shapeways Shop
- Website Name: Name of Shapeways Shop
- Note: These names are for your reference only—they are only used to name your Google Analytics account
You now have a Google Analytics account for your shop! For future reference, you can always access your account at www.google.com/analytics.
Get more help in our Forums