Wix App for API

Discussion in 'Shapeways API' started by wasatchscalemodels, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Hi,

I have been hunting high and low for any sort of app or code that can connect shapeways API to the wix sites. I currently am building my site and the only way for customers to buy my products is to redirect them through shapeways. I need a way that shapeways products can be automatically synced to the wix store, and when a customer buys a shapeways product the order is sent to shapeways. When customers buy products directly from me, then I get the order and I fulfill my part.

As an app this would be great, as it would make it possible for anyone with a wix site to buy from shapeways.

I am really looking forward to an app like this!

Best Regards,
    David Cutting

2. I guess no one did anything...

3. imdaveho
    imdaveho Shapeways Employee Product Team
    @CESM @vjmaury we're looking into more easily integrated solutions for Wix and other sites in early next year. In the meantime, you can reference our API documentation: https://developers.shapeways.com/docs that would point you in the right direction.

If you have questions regarding that implementation, I can be happy you walk you through some of those concerns via DM. But since these docs are directed to web/app developers, if you have questions regarding code, there is a balance in how much we can help as technical expertise is a pre-req for usage of this feature.

4. Thanks for getting back.

I have a very specific use for shapeways 3d printing for my project. Is there a way we can talk discus it separate from this forum?

5. imdaveho
    @vjmaury send me a direct message by clicking my profile pic, and then clicking contact. this will start a new conversation.

6. imdaveho
    @vjmaury @CESM We are going to pursue a partnership with an existing webstore creator and will give more news in the coming weeks. Also, the API team is looking into building references and clients that you can adapt to integrate close with players like WIx, Shopify, Magento, etc. Stay tuned!

7. Yay! Please include squarespace!!!

8. Dream3d
    Dream3d Member
    Please include woocommerce also. Thank you :)

9. Joli
    Joli Member
    "We are going to pursue a partnership with an existing webstore creators" waw that is great news! I hope you do not forget companies like Etsy and eBay.

However, it is some time ago now. Can you please give us an update of the current status?

Thanks

10. violetbyrne
    violetbyrne Member
    I would like an update, too! Especially about squarespace. :)

11. GrumpyAlison
    GrumpyAlison Well-Known Member
    I'd also love to see where this has gone, especially with things like Etsy.

I was considering listing the item and then trying to write something that would collect the order info from etsy and then grab the appropriate model, input all the shipping info and such and then automatically place the order (which I've been doing manually for years) but I'd absolutely be a fan of something that already exists doing this!

12. @imdaveho Like many others, I am curious how far progress on this has gone in the last year or so since this post? Is there some updated ETA?

I am doing some discovery work for a client to determine if building an integration with the API is worthwhile at this time. If the release of a usable off the shelf solution is imminent then building a custom app would be a waste of resources, knowing what kind of tool is coming and what when would be very helpful to a lot of people in this same situation.

jon_lacousta and SallyStRose like this.
  13. I would like to know if this planned integration will make it possible to sell my products on Etsy? Or, is it already possible to make Shapeways an Etsy partner?

14. Narada_Dan_Vantari
    Narada_Dan_Vantari Well-Known Member
    Many years of promising it would come soon ...
    are you waiting for other 3d printing services to take the initiative and integrate with the big ecommerce providers?

You have said things like Shopify can use the SW order api to achieve integration. Surely if this is so someone must have done it? And perhaps they were kind enough to leave a trail of breadcrumbs for those who follow behind?