UPS shipping notifications?

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by stop4stuff, Sep 27, 2011.

1. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Its no joke stannum, apparently customs do random checks on inter-EU packages... its either that or someone along the line in handling the package caused a 'sniffer' alarm to go off, or the models' titles were truncated enough on the paperwork to cause suspicion as it looks like my delivery was earmarked before it left The Netherlands.

2. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    Have email notifications gone forever now or is this still a temporary glitch ?

It would be nice to know one way or the other.........

Tom

3. stop4stuff

chuffin, blinking, blerdy customs have been sitting on my delivery since Thursday and won't likely release it before the end of today... the reason from UPS is "random inter-EU package inspection"... aaaarrrrggg
    [/rant]

@teebee, who knows? Last month SW CS told me i'd get a UPS notification and never did, Duann says his notifications were OK... just randomness I guess.

4. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    I've not had a e-mail notification for a couple of months now - is anyone getting them ? I was under the impression these came from UPS itself not Shapeways so the problem may be at their end or due to something Shapeways have done.

It's not been a major problem for me, just annoying as on one case the orders page was not updated with the tracking no until after it had arrived.

Seeing as how we are now paying for these deliveries I feel cheated not getting all I'm paying for ! :)

Tom

5. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Before you got emails (one per box) from UPS with a tracking code and not very descriptive ones from SW (one per item in the box and not saying if for a customer or you, no tracking code). At some point, the plain ones became even less useful (item name was missing altogether) but that was back to "normal" (names still cut too short and no unique ID). Next SW mails stopped. The UPS mail was not sent either, but the code was avaliable from order listing.

Quick version: random. Blame the bugs?

6. stop4stuff
    funnily enough, in My Orders, tracking codes have been appearing when there were previously none... there were a few before and with the ones that were missing I always got a UPS tracking notification.

Oh and UK customs are a bunch of numpties for holding up my Shapeways delivery for 5 days... they didn't even open it to inspect the contents!!!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  7. BillBedford
    BillBedford Member
    p'rhaps your parcel didn't smell the one they were looking for......

8. stop4stuff
    lol... but the contents might start to smell soon... all will be revealed ;)