Uploading Zip For Textured Models "something Went Wrong Processing Your Upload, Please Try Again"

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by The_Hermit, Apr 21, 2023.

1. The_Hermit
    The_Hermit Member
    upload_2023-4-21_23-48-47.png
    Tried to upload a test model with textures exported from Blender in both DAE and OBJ, each inside a separate ZIP file, both are getting me this error. Both models import back fine in Blender, so I assume that the problem might be on Shapeways' end. Files without textures and not zipped upload normally.

Also, the same model as a GLB file uploads normally, but the textures don't load. If the same GLB is inside of a ZIP with its textures, the same error message above occurs. Again, the files are read normally when importing back into Blender.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
  2. The_Hermit
    The_Hermit Member
    The issue happened because I was zipping the files incorrectly.
    When the documentation mentioned that the zip should not contain folders, I assumed that this didn't include the topmost one, as I incorrectly assumed that all zips had a topmost folder. I probably had this misconception out of zipping things by right clicking on a folder and then selecting Add to "Example.zip", thinking that it was the only way to do it. Turns out that the correct zipping method for Shapeways upload is to directly select all of the model's files, right click any one of them, and select either Add to "Example.zip", or Add to Archive, for more options.