UPDATE: Back Live! Thank You! Site Maintenance Scheduled For Tuesday 1/20 7pm

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by SavIsSavvy, Jan 16, 2015.

1. railNscale
    railNscale Well-Known Member
    Hello justiniso,

Since the models I I added photos to are currently not visible for others, I will send you the links per pm.

The errors can easily be discribed.

1. I go to -> models -> select edit model X
    2. click 'details' -> go to images section
    3. click 'add image' -> browse and select desired jpg-document and select 'material' and, if wanted, select 'default picture'.
    4. click 'save changes'
    5. Wait until 'green V'

In the early days you could select more jpg-files and click after the selection of multiple photos on button 'save changes'. Since 'save changes' appearantly does not work properly, I check the details of the model. Therefore I go to 'models'.

Sometimes I receive (after green V)the 'oops try again' message, or a messages that tell's me that I have to save the changes before I leave the page.

6. Select edit model X again. (and click 'details' -> go to images section)

Sometimes the image is added; sometimes the image is added three times, sometimes the uploaded jpg is not present, sometimes the image is added without material, or without default setting.

So I have to repeat activities 1 till 6. Sometimes I have to do this 3 times per individual added picture!

I have OS X. Normally I use Firefox, sometimes Safari and since SW website update I am forced to use Chrome.

In Firefox, changes of successfully uploading simple jpg-files is near zero.
    In Safari, the results are not much different.
    In Chrome the uploading procedure still does not work correctly, but the succesrate is 50%.

Ergo: Shapeways has made a very poor upgrade. If the core business of your business is selling stuff via a website, you MUST have website that operates properly on at least the normal browsers. SW clearly does not have a proper website and certainly never tested their website before lounge!

So please solve it.

Regards,
    Maurice