UPDATE: Back Live! Thank You! Site Maintenance Scheduled For Tuesday 1/20 7pm

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by SavIsSavvy, Jan 16, 2015.

1. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    Adding another bug to the list.

Models that have errors at upload show up in the Shop Inventory List but they do not show up in the My Models list, and therefore they cannot be deleted.

------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------
    ETA: Ah ha! I found a work around to the problem. I uploaded valid files to the goofed up models. Then they appeared in the My Models list and could finally be deleted.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  2. southernnscale
    southernnscale Well-Known Member
    Ok! I haven't had this problem before, but now when I down loaded drawing And it hasn't been set to public. Instead as before I had a Photo of the drawing in the material I selected in the viewing window. Now it says This model is no longer publicly available! and I'm in my shop site page. There was a material Photo before but not now. It does show up in the list below were you select view. And when you click on the material photo it doesn't do any thing. I don't click on public until I have one in hand to see the result of the models outcome.

Walt, southrnnscale

3. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    I thought cleaning up my directory by deleting bogus uploads, giving every model an order number (no banks or duplicate 999's), and saying abracadabra would solve my filtering woes in the Shop Inventory, but alas I'm still seeing public for sale models present with the non public not for sale filters activated for most of the sorting options. On the bright side the default sorting option seems to be working and showing the correct models.

Another interesting item is that I can't change the for sale status of a couple of ornaments I downloaded from the SW ornament generator. They are stuck on for sale and I can't deactivate the for sale button. When I try to save the change I get a red banner and warning: No model for xxxxxxx. But it is there and the size is correct and everything.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  4. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    Also another ornament bug. It's a Target store ornament in my directory that is not visible in the My Models list and therefore cannot be deleted. It can be seen in the Shop Inventory where it cannot be deleted or edited in any way, shape or form.

5. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    Photos uploaded and identified as Full Color Plastic are not visible in the photo line of the model page. Not sure if this is a new development.

6. UtorCase
    UtorCase Well-Known Member
    Hey @natalia,

Just checked if the shop sort bug is still outstanding, and I can confirm it is :)

I set the sort order to Most Popular at https://www.shapeways.com/shop/inventory/, yet my shop uses the default as the date sort.

7. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    I just noticed that one of the reasons the alphabetical sort can be different from the default sort (in Shop Inventory with no filters) is because the names of the models can change! It looks like when changing to the alphabetical sort one of my parts is reverting to an older version of the name causing it to move to the front of the alphabetical list. (I opened the model window from the "Edit Model" link directly so this is not a matter of having multiple copies of the same model in my directory.) So you must have old database lists in your coding not being properly updated and causing all sorts of grief for your sorts. The sorting algorithms may not be messed up but what they are sorting may be corrupted or out of date. That might also explain why the filters are not working correctly when using any sort other than the default sort.

shopsort1.jpg

Also note that the Display Order is showing up in alphabetical sort as 999 which I updated two or three days ago to be 101 as seen when viewed with the default sort. And I probably also changed the default material at that time since the prices are different.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  8. TonyRR
    TonyRR Well-Known Member
    More bugs:

-All the models that I'm uploading to the website, on the inventory are shown as "Not for sale" -and they are- and with the grey preview, not the render preview.

-All the new models uploaded, on the Inventory page don't show the order number, and they have it.

-On opening the inventory page, it shows all the tags. They must be hidden on opening the Inventory page. Every time you're entering the inventory page, we have to click on the "Fewer tags" button to close the tags window. Very annoying.

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  9. 279060_deleted
    279060_deleted Active Member
    Hmmm,

-- "API: default app category is now saved on uploaded models" -- mentioned earlier now no longer works for any new uploaded API models...

no_model_default_cat_021315.JPG

and API markup for any uploaded new models is in the wrong column...(not to put the pressure on to fix since 'not for sale' is default for all API new model uploads anyway so what does it matter. Just shot me.)

model_markup_wrong_col_021315.JPG

Anyway, have to go feed my Guinea pig. Have a nice weekend all and our friend Squeaky says "hi"

guineapig.jpg

10. railNscale
    railNscale Well-Known Member
    Well, we are roughly one month after the announcement.

Still many functions do not perform as supposed to. (Just take a look at this part of the forum: https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=thread&frm_i d=90& Does SW takes notice of this? Many questions are not even answered by SW)

And the website is slower than ever. This makes uploading of models, arranging of your webshop and ordering items a pretty awkward process. I can hardly bother about the model checks if it takes ages to upload anyway.

It just takes too long. Also cleaning up your webshop is something that becomes an increasingly irritating bunch of work. Photos do not upload, price settings are becoming a hassle. It clearly slows down our product introductions, which is no help to increase sales either.

But with all these errors and time-outs customers would probably not even get to the point of ordering...

11. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Delayed fixes could also mean that this time the developers get/take the time to actually test the code... also while the current situation is less than ideal, (a) it could be a lot worse and (b) there is no reason to assume any of this was intentional or even anticipated.

12. 279060_deleted
    I agree, it could be worse. SW could of trimmed API, ShapeJS and other cool SW website features altogether.

Maybe I don't know but what I've learned doing "programming" is sometimes it's best to plan ahead and anticipate something "new" may not work right with existing code. Working offline or beta online website to solve or iron out possible problems ahead of time is more productive instead of just throwing it online and seeing what happens. No one likes to have something "half-working" and hope all things get fixed sometime in the future.

13. HypatiaStudio
    HypatiaStudio Member
    Are you finding that the markup you specify through the API is being used as the total selling price? That has been my experience since the downtime. (In fact, I asked about it in this thread almost two weeks ago but didn't get any response at all. Hopefully you'll get more attention!)

-- Matt

14. 279060_deleted
    Yes. It's been listed for a fix from the beginning also.

Let's hope for the best.

15. HypatiaStudio
    HypatiaStudio Member
    Oh, I think I remember seeing your earlier comments about it now. I didn't understand at the time what being in the wrong column meant and kind of glossed over it. Well shoot, if this has been on their radar that long ... have you gotten any response at all?

At this point I'd be OK with them just declaring the new behavior is the intended one, so at least I'd know it will be stable ...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  16. SavIsSavvy
    SavIsSavvy Member
    Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your patience as we continue to fix these bugs. The default image/material shop issues you're reporting is actively being worked on and we hope to have it fixed late next week (though we will keep you posted).

Thank you for trusting that our team is hard at work, we assure you they are. This pretty much sums it up:

The magnitude of this release across the platform lead to some unexpected issues, but we have been tirelessly addressing them over the last month and will continue to until all is well. Thank you for updating us on your experience, and letting us know when things are fixed too ;)

17. TonyRR
    TonyRR Well-Known Member
    Hello again.

More issues to fix:

-On the inventory page most of my newest models for sale, on the inventory page appear as "Not For Sale".
    -On the inventory page, the order number of the newest models doesn't appear. So it's impossible to order them. I'm putting the number, but it disappear.The models are for sale and are shown to the public, but no order number at all... I need this order number so much...

Thanks

18. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Last night, I uploaded this model: http://shpws.me/FV8P
    Then, after the default (gray) render and the the FUD render were showing, I went back and uploaded a small change to the model.
    Now, when I look at the Details tab on Share-And-Sell, I see two of the gray renders, and one of the (updated) FUD renders.

Something still ain't right here. <grin>

19. TonyRR
    TonyRR Well-Known Member
    I NEED YOU TO FIX THESE ISSUES PLEASE -posted twice but no answer-:

-On the inventory page most of my newest models for sale, on the inventory page appear as "Not For Sale".
    -On the inventory page, the order number of the newest models doesn't appear. So it's impossible to order them. I'm putting the number, but it disappear.The models are for sale and are shown to the public, but no order number at all... I need this order number so much...

URGENT

Thanks

20. draw
    draw Well-Known Member

I have the same issues EXCEPT when using the default sort mode. Any other sort seems to have these errors if not more. Since the update I have been working exclusively in default sort mode to assign display positions and see a valid updated inventory. The other sorts appear to be accessing old database lists, or lists that are not being correctly modified over time. At least that how things are working for me and it may be different for other users.