UPDATE: Back Live! Thank You! Site Maintenance Scheduled For Tuesday 1/20 7pm

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by SavIsSavvy, Jan 16, 2015.

1. TonyRR
    TonyRR Well-Known Member
    Another bug -or almost is not working for me-:

"Add Set to Cart" button is not working on new products.

I've created several products and I've added the "Add Set to Cart" button, and it doesn't work.

The thumbnails that must be shown with the button are broken and the button doesn't add any product to the cart.

Another bug: on the older products the button works and adds the products to the shopping cart, but it drives you to a page that is not working and that is showing: Oops! We can't find the page you're looking for.

Cheers

2. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Thanks Tony

I'll add it to the list

3. southernnscale
    southernnscale Well-Known Member
    TonyRR,
    I had the same thing happen the other day! I tried several time to buy and it went to the oop's page. So I backed out and closed the program and went back in and it worked so don't know what happened. It keep telling me to check the search name. that it was incorrect.

best,
    Walt

4. pisarevg
    pisarevg Member
    Do not work newest in Beta models research after service.

5. Natalia, my shop is still showing a ghost Not for Sale model. Is this the bug that you are referring to?

6. SacredLife
    SacredLife Well-Known Member
    Hello...

I've read through most of this thread to see if the bugs I'm experiencing have been addressed. Here's my list (aside from the My Models adim. mis-ordering/sorting):

Since the site update, the mark-up price returns to base price once the shapeways image renders on the last material selected (on new uploads and re-renders).

I'm getting false "Auto Checks" that at first PASS and later FAIL.

I've removed material options from some of my models, yet they are still available in public (now at base price).

Today only: It's been a 50/50 shot to get the model "Details" page to even open. And some of the public model pages aren't loading either.

That's pretty much all I have right now.... oh, and I'm using Opera browser ;)

7. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    I still have models coming up with materials that are different than the defaults. In these models it looks to me like the material selected for display is the material of the first material render of the image render list. It's as if you have some array pointer always (sometimes?) defaulting to the first element.

My question is should I just come back in a month or two after everything settles down or do we need to go through our stores item by item and make lists of what's wrong to have them fixed? Are the problems we are seeing the result of bad database filtering as opposed to corruption of user data?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  8. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    I tried to figure out what is going on with regards to my last post. I think what may be happening is that in the "old" days when you selected a default material in the sell section it would automatically link the render in that material as the default image even if was not clicked as the default in the render/photo list. So I think what needs to be done now is to re-check every model and make sure that a default image click box is selected in the details section photo/render list.

I actually have very few photos added to my models but even in the situation where you have only renders, and there is only one option to click box a default image, you still need to click it and activate the default image. Otherwise your model may display a diffferent default material when you go to the page. I don't think there is a problem if you only have one material selected for sale.

9. SacredLife
    SacredLife Well-Known Member
    Just an update.... all of the issues I was experiencing are currently working very smoothly :) thank you SW for all your hard work!!

10. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Great to hear @Sacredlife! :)

Here's the next round of fixed bugs

Newest filters now return results by the last products created. (@railNscale)
    Most products showing gray renders gray render issues have been resolved - still a few issues with some products that we are working through
    Pricing CSV no longer shows "Never Printed" for every model material
    Model Edit page now shows model size in cm
    Broken View Product link on the model page now resolved
    Deleted products no longer appear in shops and profiles
    For Sale products no longer appearing as Not For Sale

API: returns correct model version now
    API: default app category is now saved on uploaded models
    API: Models API no longer returns 200 with an empty string
    API: Calls to get model info are failing with a 500 error for models that exist and are owned by the user.

After uploading new versions of products, you can now purchase from Model Edit, correct prices will be reflected on products. - We are still working on this one, but we are aware of it.

Cheers,
    Natalia

11. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    I edited all of my store parts to make sure that a default image was selected. That seemed to solve the mismatch problems between store views and model page views, and incorrect default materials showing on model pages. However...

I still prefer the old "gray" renders to the material renders in certain circumstances, particularly in the store view. The old gray renders are larger and easier to resolve detail. Once you click on the item and view the model page the material renders are less of a problem. I'd like to see the ability to make the store view image the old gray render as an option.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  12. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    The buttons "For Sale Not For Sale Public Private" are not working properly on the inventory page. For example if I select Not for Sale and Private I get a public for sale model listed that I uploaded yesterday and the list is truncated to maybe half the length it should be.

13. HypatiaStudio
    HypatiaStudio Member
    I just had a chance to check this (been sick the past few days), and it works now. Thanks!

Something funny is going on with prices set through the API now, though. It looks like the numbers I put in the markup field for each material are being used as the total selling price. That's not how it used to work (the markup used to actually be the markup that was applied on top of the printing cost); is this new behavior the intended one? If so, it presents a problem (for me, at least) for selling in strong and flexible plastic -- your new pricing algorithm is complex enough that I can't predict how much the printing price will be, so I don't know how to set the total price. (Before, I could at least set a flat markup and know that the product would have a reasonable markup on it.)

14. nervoussystem
    nervoussystem Member
    It looks like this was on the earlier list of known issues, but we are still having Shapeways renders showing up instead of our uploaded photos when you select a material. This is not across the board for every material, but it does seem to happen on at least some of the materials we have photos of on every product I've checked so far. Any progress on this?

15. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hey guys,

Next round of bug fixes include:

Grey renders no longer visible on gallery pages - @nervous system this should fix your issue I hope?
    Image carousel order should now be correct
    No longer displaying renders for materials that are not for sale
    Now showing material names on items sold in Yippee Sale email
    Material now displaying correctly for product rejected in rejection emails
    Add to cart modal now displaying from my models

Thanks!
    Natalia

16. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    @natalia Tested on this one http://shpws.me/ErPl , I get instead of WSF Black -> Silver image , when default material it is WSF Black. (Valid to the others)

So gremlins still there!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  17. nervoussystem
    nervoussystem Member
    these are the problems we are having:

1) not showing default material when loading a product
    2) when you click on a material it shows the shapeways render instead of our photo

example: http://shpws.me/Cpem

18. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Thanks @numarul7 and @nervous_system, I'll look into your specific shops and find out why that's still happening!

Natalia

19. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    If you refresh a model page the materials change with each refresh. It's as if the system is trying to cycle through the various materials, or show them at random. This might be related to the other strangeness of incorrect materials being displayed.

I chose a page from the shop section to demonstrate:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/VVSULQU5R/3d-printed-bow-t ie?li=productGroup&optionId=25152348 (red tie)

These are the pages that show up after each refresh:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/VVSULQU5R/3d-printed-bow-t ie?li=productGroup&optionId=25152356 (purple tie)
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/VVSULQU5R/3d-printed-bow-t ie?li=productGroup&optionId=25152364 (yellow tie)
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/VVSULQU5R/3d-printed-bow-t ie?li=productGroup&optionId=25152354 (white polished tie)
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/VVSULQU5R/3d-printed-bow-t ie?li=productGroup&optionId=25152348 (black tie)
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/VVSULQU5R/3d-printed-bow-t ie?li=productGroup&optionId=25152357 (red tie)
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/VVSULQU5R/3d-printed-bow-t ie?li=productGroup&optionId=25152356 (purple tie)
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/VVSULQU5R/3d-printed-bow-t ie?li=productGroup&optionId=25152364 (yellow tie)

The material selections appear to be cyclical but it's not cycling through all the options. I don't know why a simple refresh would change the option ID, but it does for me. I'm using Chrome if that matters.

20. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    I know I've asked for a lot, but the Yippee! email also used to itemize the markup per model, like this:
    Code:
    1x Trackside Relay Box - set of 20 - Zscale in Frosted Ultra Detail = $$.$$

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015