UPDATE: Back Live! Thank You! Site Maintenance Scheduled For Tuesday 1/20 7pm

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by SavIsSavvy, Jan 16, 2015.

1. UtorCase
    UtorCase Well-Known Member
    Looking at Google Analytics, looks like the downtime destroyed the Google organic traffic. Fingers crossed this pause is only temporary. :)

2. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    Photos does not change when materials are selected on this one http://shpws.me/CVCD check WSF red then check Black , black photo won`t be selected.

I feel the update was rushed.

3. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    I can't seem to find a direct link to my store anywhere from the sell tab if I wish to view it. Without it I need to either type in the path or go through the search function to find a link to my store. Or I can go to the shop inventory page, click on a model to view it, and then click the link on the model page to go to the store.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  4. WillLaPuerta
    WillLaPuerta Well-Known Member
    Tried ordering some models in the porcelain material but nothing happened when I clicked "add to cart". These are not newly uploaded models and the button works for other materials.

5. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    It's under the sell>settings tab https://www.shapeways.com/shop/settings?li=nav

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    This has me so sad right now. I've been begging to get this fixed since the site came back up. But we're working on it!

7. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    Yep i guess I bring back this ones!

gremlinesgif.gif

8. UtorCase
  9. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Thanks Utor!

And thank you all for telling us about the bugs, as you can see in the doc, we are tracking, investigating and resolving them as you report them

Thank you for your patience!

Best,
    Natalia

10. Zews
    Zews Member
    Unsubscribing from this thread does not seem to work for me. This is the line that is included in each email I receive:

If you do not wish to receive further notifications about replies in this topic, please go here: https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?etId=28628172&u tm_source=automated-contact&utm_medium=email&utm_cam paign=forum-thread-reply&utm_content=2&ca=email& ct=forum-thread-reply&cr=2&t=rview&th=24348& notify=1&opt=off

However, the page I end up on does not allow me to unsubscribe from this thread. It is only a forum index page. I have not been able to find a button anywhere that allows me to unsubscribe from this thread, or any other thread.

How do I unsubscribe?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  11. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hey Zews - when you are in the window to enter a post, there is a section at the bottom called "options"
    One of them says "Post Notification" - notify me when someone replies to this message - just uncheck that box

Cheers,
    Natalia

12. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    I see. I probably missed it because there was no drop down menu when hovering over settings. In my way of thinking "settings" does not scream this is how to view your store. It would be more obvious if all of those buttons had hover menus with sub-options instead of just some of them. But it still requires multiple clicks to get to the actual store window and a direct go to my store link somewhere on the sell page would be more clear to users. So would putting that link in an appropriate hover menu. It's not a big deal but getting to the actual store quickly and easily from the Sell window itself seems like a no brainer. Or maybe it makes more sense to link it from the top SHOP tab?

The shop inventory page doesn't show the order of things in store sections so it still seems a bit klugey to me in terms of getting the orders of things set properly in all of the store's nooks and crannies. Maybe my problem is due to sorting requiring one window open for the shop inventory sorting task and another window for the shop to verify things get into the right places in sections. Uggh, it might make more sense after a week or two.

BTW, another other way to get to the store front is click on the Public Profile link from the top right hover menu and then click on View Shop, but it's another multiple click solution.

13. Zews
    Zews Member
    That is a poorly implemented solution. It means that in order for me (or anyone else) to stop receiving notifications we have to open a post window, and post a comment. Because if you do not post anything, the check mark in front of "Post Notification" does not disappear.

14. WillLaPuerta
    WillLaPuerta Well-Known Member
    OK, so I can order my porcelain models at last! Pity I can't pay for them, since it's claiming PayPal is unavailable at this time. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with PayPal itself, so I'm assuming the problem must be on our end.

15. UtorCase
    Was the shop page title updated with this update?

Just noticed that it says "SHOPNAME by DESIGNER NAME on Shapeways".

In my case, the shopname is the same as the designer name, and it looks bad in Google

https://www.google.hu/search?q=utorcase&oq=utorcase& aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i61j69i65l3.2622j0j4&sourceid= chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

"UtorCase by UtorCase on Shapeways"

Can this be fixed as well? It looks spammy. Maybe if we could have a checkbox to display username in the shop title would be great.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  16. RMSdesigns
    RMSdesigns Member
    This upgrade basically killed all traffic to my shop. No traffic = no sales. Or did the Google Analytics pointer get destroyed in the process of the upgrade?

17. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    @RobTorres - good question about the google analytics pointer, I will find out for you.

18. RMSdesigns
    RMSdesigns Member
    @natalia - thanks for looking into it!

19. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to post a quick update from the team about all the bugs you reported that we've fixed.

My Models: Added direct link to 3D tools
    Users in the porcelain pilot group can now buy porcelain again - YIPPIE! (@Youknowwho4eva)
    Checkout issues for some users have been resolved
    Designer profile is now showing Not For Sale products (@seriaforma)
    Login issues resolved, e.g., log in from the forum works (@mkroeker)
    Corrected the Sales Overview Spreadsheet links
    Resolved issues with the ShapeJS site
    Resolved issues with images appear in some carts (@Nancy)
    Resolved issues with the correct default image appearing in product boxes
    Products that had a render instead of the photo as default are now back to the way they were (@likesyrup)
    Issues with CSV download resolved (@Stonysmith)

We are still working on issues with the new filters, so stay tuned for that to be fixed soon.

If you are seeing new issues, please keep letting us know!

This new platform is letting us get things done in a more agile (and quick) way so that is exciting ;-)

Have a great weekend,
    Natalia

20. railNscale
    railNscale Well-Known Member
    Hello,

Since the change we receive Yippe-emails with totally wrong mark-ups!
    Just a mere 10% of the agreed mark-up is send to us. What on earth is goning on?

Please correct this issue asap.

Maurice
    RAILNSCALE