UPDATE: Back Live! Thank You! Site Maintenance Scheduled For Tuesday 1/20 7pm

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by SavIsSavvy, Jan 16, 2015.

1. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    Will the SPIN numbers help to standardize ID sticker information on parts bags and create an improved reference path to the original order? I recently tried to sort my stash of reference designs and noticed that the labels are not always uniform or easily back traceable to the original order. Label formats seem to have changed over time and vary for sub-vendors. Anyway, it was a confusing task. If the SPIN is like a SKU will there be a unique SPIN for each model made in a specific material?

Ideally I'd like to look at any bag sticker and see or extract a model (or SPIN) number, model revision number, material name or number (that doesn't change over time), and perhaps quantity. Date of manufacture or shipment or invoice number would also be a plus while the long model name is less of a priority. A model revision or version number is very helpful if it takes a few times to get something right and you want to easily figure out what needs to go into the scrap bin.

2. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    Did you adjust your prices after the last pricing change? For some reason the mark-ups did not remain fixed. Instead mark-ups went up if the model prices dropped and were reduced if model prices went up. In other words the default was to try to keep prices constant by fiddling with mark-up values.

3. TonyRR
    TonyRR Well-Known Member
    Not.

I'm talking about the SW email that I'm receiving when a model is sold. The message shows a very low markup. I've checked the sales list and the markup there is correct.

So there's a bug on your sales message.

And about the last price change, FUD haven't changed his price... My models are designed in FD and FUD, so no markup change.

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    This has been ticketed and is being investigated.

5. seriaforma
    seriaforma Well-Known Member
    My front page is completely different from what it was yesterday.
    Do I have to reorder the inventory again??
    Is there a tool to do this yet?
    Where are my not for sale items visible? I had some ceramics that were listed as not-for-sale in my shop.

6. Zews
    Zews Member
    @ FabMeJewelry

You misunderstand my request. For one, I do not have a shop on Shapeways. I currently do not sell my work through the Shapeways site.

I would like to be able to organize my model library for myself. Not so much for potential or future buyers via the Shapeways site.

As model library is growing rapidly it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep track of individual models. I think the ability to organize model and a hierarchic way as on our computers at work or home would be very helpful to many Shapeways users.

I have attached an example of what "my" Shapeways "My Models" page organization could look like.

Attached Files:

7. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Sorting will be fixed back to the way it was asap. Not for sale items aren't visible in your shop, only in your models.

Zews - love the suggestions. If you could post them in the suggestions section. This way we can keep this post about the update and issues revolving around it, and it will help your suggestion to not get lost in this discussion.

8. Zews
    Zews Member
    @ natalia

I mean something like this. (see attachment)

Attached Files:

9. HenrikRydberg
    HenrikRydberg Shapeways Employee Design Team
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  10. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    A little thing about the tag list you now see under the Sell tab.

I see a couple of tags for an item that was removed because of a take down request. This was a creature I did for a contest here. I don't remember if the model page became unaccessible after the take down or if I deleted it myself but I see that at least two of the tags remain in the list including "star trek" and "creature". That means information from pulled or deleted models may be bleeding into active store information.

My email archive shows this was model 2679796.

11. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hey guys

Thank you so much for your suggestions!

If you spot any more bugs, feel free to report them here:

Downtime bug report

Its a document for you and for our team - so we are adding responses as we fix things, and I will post the answers here again to keep track

Thanks so much!

Natalia

12. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Thanks @draw I just added that into the bug report!

13. seriaforma
    Dumb question, perhaps. Where is the Designer Profile, or do I have to register as a Designer for Hire?

14. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hey Seriaforma

Your designer profile is just

www.shapeways.com/designer/seriaforma

Like if I clicked on your name anywhere on the site, it would take me to your designer profile

15. seriaforma
    My not for sale models do not show up there.

16. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    And in this account, the not for sale are shown in the designer page... with the old price. On the item page they are not for sale.

seriaforma seems to have the same 24 items in the shop and the designer page.

17. TonyRR
    TonyRR Well-Known Member
    With the new update, the 3D model check doesn't work anymore on Win XP... I can't check my models with the new 3D Tools...

The WebGL seems that it doesn't work on XP. :(

Any solution?

18. southernnscale
    southernnscale Well-Known Member
    Great I hate upgrades something always goes wrong! Like today uploaded two repaired drawings and now can't order them hit the buy and nothing happens on both models

Best,
    southernnscale

19. southernnscale
    southernnscale Well-Known Member
    Another problem on my shop! hit the newest first and nothing happens! None of the newest show up. using windows 7 OS

Best,
    southern

20. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    @Walt: give it a bit of time before you try to order. I was able to place a model in the cart AFTER I received the email telling me that it was available.