Supported applications, I could use a little help

Discussion in 'Software and Applications' started by bartv, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Rhino can export OBJ

Cheers,

--
    Olivier

2. bartv
    bartv Member
    Added, thanks!

3. For pure sculpting - messing about with primitive shapes that can be combined in various boolean ways - Groboto is now doing an incredible job of creating unified meshes with no holes, very suitable for Shapeways. The results can be exported as .obj files.

See Groboto.com

4. I see a few models on this site that look as if they originated in Topmod, such as the classic Topmod excercise added on this site here:

Joint Stars

Topmod is a bit old now and no longer supported, but it is a useful 3D tool and will create some great unified meshes exportable as .obj files.

5. Hello,
    Vectorworks 2012 exports to STL.
    Don't know about previous versions.

Ciao
    Ettore

6. JACANT
    JACANT Well-Known Member
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  7. I use "Sculptris", it's a free, stable Alpha version 3D modler from Pixelogic and is intended as a bridge for zbrush, but is a very useful and powerful tool with a small file-size and low system requirements and also allows export of the 3D files as .obj!! Love it. :)

http://www.pixologic.com/sculptris/features/

Has tutorial videos on the site as well.

8. bartv
    bartv Member
    @redmistpete-1 - added, thanks!

@JACANT - thanks! I'll see if we can write our own guide that covers all these tools..

Bart

9. Hi Guys,

just wanted to add another application:
    "Hash Animation:Master" v16 and up can export to STL natively too (and of course to OBJ).

See you
    *Fuchur*

10. bartv
    bartv Member
    Added, thanks!

Bart

11. My contributions not added so far. Here goes again:

Topmod: STL native, OBJ native
    Groboto: OBJ native

Both programs create unified meshes ideal for Shapeways.

12. KlonoaDreamer
    KlonoaDreamer Member
    You guys might want to do an article about this!!!

Verto Studio 3D for iPad/2 and Verto Studio 3DM for iPhone/iPod touch export in .OBJ only.

Awesome!!!! Make it on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch and get it printed out for real!!!

This information put out there may send you guys into the stratosphere!

If you need to contact the creator here is his site:

http://vertostudio.com

13. bartv
    bartv Member
    @Whoop John: apologies, added.

@KlonoaDreamer: added as well, I'll forward the information to our communications team.

Cheers,

Bart

14. Hello good day. I work as many thousands of people with CAD. Said exactly cat range. These files are all files p3d. It is 3D ausschliessliech program. I würtde ask me to give the possibility to allow these files in their program. we can easily work with it. I have to let a lot of work matters. Please help. Italy with a friendly greeting from South Tyrol.

15. Hello good day. I work as many thousands of people with CAD. To be precise palette cad. These files are all files p3d. It is 3D ausschliessliech program. I would ask them to give me the opportunity to allow these files in their program. we can easily work with it. I have to let a lot of work matters. Please help. Italy with a friendly greeting from South Tyrol.

16. bartv
    bartv Member
    @Pertoll Patrick: I'm not sure what you're saying - are you asking for .p3d support? It's currently not on our roadmap, as most applications can export to one of the file formats that we support.

@etto: added, thanks!

Cheers,

Bart

17. SketchUp 7,8 Pro Supports .obj natively.

18. decapod
    decapod Member
    I just checked my tool of choice

3D Crafter 9 Pro (http://www.amabilis.com)

Native

WRL, OBJ work OK

DAE,x3d - having trouble with scaling properly, will look into that

STL - Some problems with only the first manifold object appearing, objects flipped onto their sides

19. JACANT
    JACANT Well-Known Member