Steampunk Buttons, Jewels, Accessorizes, Model Building & More!

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by 111527_deleted, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Well this is not arrived today or last week. In fact It arrived last year but never posted it.

Anyways we designed this "steampunk" gear button for cosplay, clothing and decoration and of-course 3d printing was the best option to create a master since there are almost no limitations to designing. So what I did was modelling a high polygon model of a button shaped as a cog / gear.

Since we like smooth surfaces we still need to wait till WAX prints are getting cheaper :) but these prints are from last year.
    And we send in more prints with new sizes printed in Frosted Detail and again SFP to keep the same surface as the last year prints.

Note: The Big Button = 6.6cmØ and the Smaller Button = 3.5cmØ
    Note: The new Prints (still waiting to arrive) are 5.0cmØ for the Big One and the Small One around 4.2cmØ

1: On the first image you see the 3D Model + Final Product Render of the Product. And on top the Buttons printed in SFP.

2: On the second image you see new buttons cast in resin. And notice we kept the grainy / noisy surface for dry brushing effects.]

3: Final Products cast and painted and ready for usage or sale.

Now I need to wait on my 5 big new orders! the SFP Material prints are already done but I'am waiting for the Frosted Extreme Detail and the Frosted Detail prints.

1:
    [​IMG]

2:
    [​IMG]

3:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  2. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    They are cool!

3. DBTops
    DBTops Well-Known Member
    Awesome idea!

4. New Sizes and optimized model. Printed in Frosted Detail (a day before discontinuing the material). and the standard sfp material. (which keeps our style for painting and looks).

I have also more in order atm as SFP for prototyping like jewels, ear plugs / tunnels & spirals (piercings) . necklaces and more.

Frosted EXTREME Detail is really nice to. (pix coming soon).

BTW I really love the smell of the "frosted" materials Lovely and waxy smell :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Front row is FED (Frosted Extreme Detail) and back row is (Frosted Detail).

My Tiberium Buds and Crystals :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  6. shawn_halayka
    shawn_halayka Well-Known Member
    Those crystal / vases are awesome. :)

7. Thanks, They are based from a game project i'am currently working on.

These are the game models. And since we wanted these on our desktops I started to prep one for printing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. shawn_halayka
    Even cooler with colour! :)

9. aimeemoyer
    aimeemoyer Shapeways Employee Ecommerce Team
    Ah so cool!!

10. seriaforma
    seriaforma Well-Known Member
    Love the crystals, esp. in color!

11. DBTops
    DBTops Well-Known Member
    Nice job on the TB Crystals, takes me back to simpler times playing far too much Command and Conquer : Tiberian Sun. I'd love to see you put a small colored LED inside the crystals base.

12. Thanks! I'am currently working on a C&C fangame and well known which we try to bring back the tiberian sun feel.

Like you already read my mind haha.

Yeah I'am creating a complete tiberium field and those will be casted from the master models and put led's under it :)

13. numarul7
    Get an electronic caliper , that one is better. Less headache ...

Nice models! Looking good!

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  14. DBTops
    DBTops Well-Known Member
    You'll have to show us when the LED's are in. I'm excited to see.

15. @numarul7
    I know but I had this one since my study and used to it :)

@ DesignbyDalton
    You'll have to show us when the LED's are in. I'm excited to see.

Anyways, I received my other prototypes, those are Ear Plugs & Gauges + Another BIG Tiberium Bud which is 4,6cm Tall, 3,5cm Diameter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  16. EricHo
    EricHo Well-Known Member
    I love how detailed the FED print came out!

17. Thanks Eric Ho and Thanks for the invite!

Anyways I got new prints arrived. Still need print more designs but these are good for now :) I need to paint those Lens Hoods and Cap black and white text like on the renders.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. shawn_halayka
    Wow! All of it is grand.

19. numarul7
    Nice!