Solid, High density fill and Low density fill

Discussion in 'Materials' started by 83622_deleted, May 10, 2011.

1. 83622_deleted
    83622_deleted Member
    Hi,

I'm wondering if I need to hollow out my polymesh, or can you print it with support structure fill? I believe the options for solid objects are "solid", "high density fill" and "low density fill".

I have so complex, organic model that the effort to cleanly hollow it out - with the software I use - is enormous. To have it printed solid, but with "low denisity fill" would make a big difference to the effort. And I believe the result is also sturdy, with no need for supports inside.

I also need to come down from 800k polys somehow. Is the 500k poly limit going to be lifted at some point?

Thanks, looking forward to start creating awesome 3D prints!

2. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Hi!

Currently the models are printed as is. Closed meshes are treated and printed as solid.

So you would have to hollow it out yourself and/or define any alternative filling method in the model itself It's preferable to leave a hole, so the support material can be removed.

For complex models it is usually sufficient to only crudely hollow out the larger solid parts to save material/cost. Cutting out spheres and cubes and such.

There is also a density discount for the WSF material, so hollowing out is not always useful.

The 500k poly limit has been upgraded to 1 million poly :)

Cheers,

Stijn

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  3. bitstoatoms
    bitstoatoms Member
    We have a one million polygon limit..

no need to decimate.

4. 83622_deleted
    83622_deleted Member
    All right, thanks!

I like how shipping is included in the price!