Site bug!!!! - disappearing models - FIXED

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by numarul7, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Changing the title of this thread would be a start, as the thread with the descriptive one ("Models Disappearing From Users' Accounts?") was locked (just because if was younger? meh), instead of generic "Site Bug" one.

2. Mechanoid
    Mechanoid Well-Known Member
    Per Stoneysmith's request.

I have lost over 144 models, some dating back to 3 yrs ago, some yesterday. Models I had deleted have returned. Some brand new models are fine, most are gone.

My system has an I-5 quad core 64 bit, 32 gig ram, WIN7, 1gig ram GDDR5 video, Chrome browser.

And I sure hope I don't have to start all over again.

3. Mechanoid
    I would have thought this thread would have been locked, because it was posted under the wrong subject banner.

But Stoneysmith made the call.

4. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hey guys,

We are aware of the bug and will be fixing this as soon as possible.

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience, we didn't expect this issue :(

I'll keep you all posted.
    Mitchell

5. HOLDEN8702
    HOLDEN8702 Well-Known Member
    Neither do we!

Sorry for posting only for a joke, but I'm nervous about this.

6. MitchellJetten
    Jokes are allowed :)

7. Rick_D_Ryo
    Rick_D_Ryo Active Member
    From what I'm seeing, it is like the model page reverted to one month ago or something.

I see model that I deleted a long time ago, and all the new ones since a month are all gone.

This is very disturbing indeed :eek:

8. Mechanoid
    I'm just fearful that all the work I'v done for the last month will be lost. Last count it appears as though 146 models total are poof, like a **** in the wind.

9. HOLDEN8702
    No, the models aren't lost.

I've tested some links and they are here, but you (or your customers) can't watch it in your shop.

And please, mechanoid, don't loose none of your awesome 1999' Eagles before I've enough money to get them! ;-D

10. Mechanoid
    HOLDEN8702, well that's part of what I'm scared about. Those have been up for well over 1 yr. And this meltdown has taken a few of my oldest models from 3 yrs ago, plus ones from yesterday. That's why I'm scared. I'm having a freak out over this, and I'm an epileptic. So you can guess what this is doing to my stress levels.

ACCKKKKKKK!!!!

Sorry about that, I had to scream real fast. LOL

11. Rick_D_Ryo
    Rick_D_Ryo Active Member
    Could be good to refresh a backup from yesterday before the issue so that everything goes back to the previous situation.

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  12. MitchellJetten
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to clarify that those models are not gone!!
    The issue, like Holden8702 wrote, is that they are just missing on the My Models pages and Shop pages.
    You can still access them by the link (upload email, yippie email etc).

I'm sure our dev team will find the issue and have it fixed in the next few hours.

Cheers,
    Mitchell

13. bva25j
    bva25j Member
    Hello I got the same error ...

Indeed via Google of the direct link we can still see the models ...

But i got some visitor asking me where are the other ones ...

Regards.

14. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    Ok ... I believe you... :)

15. BitsBlitz
    BitsBlitz Member
    A whole bunch of my models have disappeared, of the ones that are still there, many of them are not accessible, leading to "Oops! We can't find the page you're looking for."

This is quite problematic since I've been getting in multiple requests from clients, who will probably search elsewhere to buy their needed product. A real shame, since now I need to rebuild that customer trust. :(

16. MitchellJetten
    Hey guys,

I know this is frustrating and understand that you are all nervous about your models.
    The good news is that our development team is on the case and is working on a fix as we speak.

Models have only "visually" disappeared, they are still on our website, no worries!

I'll let you all know as soon as the gremlins have been banned from our system.

*googles gremlin picture*

[​IMG]

17. BitsBlitz
    BitsBlitz Member
    Thank you for responding so quickly, and awesome to hear that this will be solved. :)

Keep up the good work!

18. Rick_D_Ryo
    Rick_D_Ryo Active Member
    Gremlins!! haha

Thanks for the heads up, good news!

19. If you can get to your models via a link, open the 'edit model' page and simply press save changes. This will put the model back into your 'My models' list. After about 5 mins.

Cheers,

James

20. HOLDEN8702
    This could usually end in duplicated models, dissapeared ones, armaggedons,...

I think I gonna wait for the fix. But thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.