Show your collection!

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Jettuh, Aug 13, 2010.

1. chaitanyak
    chaitanyak Member
    @gumball those dice are out of this world man!

2. gumball
    gumball Member
  3. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I don't see mine on there :mad: lol I'm gonna have to make some more.

4. gumball
    gumball Member
    Sorry, yours is sitting in a homemade patina-ing solution that a friend sent the me the recipe for. So far 72 hours and no reaction. I'm calling it a bust.

5. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    Hi all,

I love this topic, this is very interesting to have an overview in pictures of what people are doing with Shapeways.
    So here is my own collection:
    magic_lowres.jpg
    Click to view a higher resolution of this picture.

So let's play a game:
    In this pictures there are:
    - 20 White Strong Flexible objects
    - 3 Dyed Strong and Flexible
    - 2 Alumide objects
    - 3 Transparent Detail objects (the cubosphere is my very first printed design)
    - 15 Color Sandstone objects (dices and spheres)
    - 4 Stainless Steel objects
    - 1 Gold Plated object.
    - 5 regular marbles and 1 plastic necklace
    Did I missed anything?
    :D
    Most of them are available in my shop.

Attached Files:

6. dadrummond
    dadrummond Member
    Excellent! I love the way much of your work connects magic, mathematics, chance, and surprise, using topology and shape to give the viewer a moment of "oh!"

7. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    Thanks for the kind words Dadrummond. I really appreciate.
    I have an engineering background, and I guess that this can be seen through my creations :)
    Most of my work is geometrical because this is the easiest thing for me to model: I must say that I am quite jealous of your organic designs! Keep on the good work!
    On my side, I confess that I chose the Magic pseudo because initially my goal was to design the "Void Cube" that I saw hand-made on Internet ("Magic" stand for "Magic Cube"). I figured out how to do it, unfortunately, it was mass producted before I finished my own design (and so I bought one). Then, I saw what very talented community members are doing here with "Rubik's Cube-like" designs, and I decided to do.. something else :)
    Along with my scoubidou I received my first prototype of a mechanical thingamajig. I hope I will be able to show it soon (one or two more prototypes, I guess)...

(sorry for this long message, that was perhaps not the best place to post it)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  8. gibell
    gibell Well-Known Member
  9. Whystler
    Whystler Member
    Hey Gibell!

Nice collection. What are those clear ones to the left of the picture made of?

-Whystler

10. 20077_deleted
    20077_deleted Member
    I just thought I'd like to showcase my extensive Bathsheba collection:
    Metal Prints.JPG
    On the top row:
    Vorodo (Alumede) and Mobius Net (Strong & Flex Limestone Look)

Middle Row left to center:
    Alt+Ctrl+Whelk, gold-dipped Gyroid (for some reason no longer available), Bioform, and Klien Bottle Opener from Bathsheba's website (this version really opens bottles :twisted: )

Middle row, right:
    Starting with Nexus (large), and continuing counter clockwise, Metatrino, Metatron, Ora, Quintron, Quintrino (many of these are available only from Bathsheba's website)

Bottom row, Ceramic Wombat's dice set, gold-plated (D4, D6, D8, D10, D20, D12) and Stainless steel D12, Mutatron's C60 Buckyball M (gold plated)

EDIT: I can't seem to find them atm, but I also got Whistler's Stone Circle, Three Towers, and Armillary rings, as well as Mutatron's THC pendant, all in gold.

In addition to being an avid art appreciator, I am also a twistypuzzles fan:
    Puzzles.JPG
    Shim's MAster Pyraminx, Oskar's Big Boulder, and TomZ's Easy Cuboid (1x2x3)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  11. dadrummond
    dadrummond Member
    Gibell -- Holy cow! You've been busy. The generational upgrades to the metal tetrahedron puzzle really stand out. And look at all the color -- how much of that is yours vs. SW dyes?

12. dadrummond
    dadrummond Member
    And stardust4ever -- holy budget! It's wonderful to see so many of Bathsheba's pieces in metal. (She handed me a metal Ctrl-Alt-Whelk here in Cambridge a few months ago and I had to wipe off the drool.) Bioform looks amazing. Thank you for sharing what many of us can only dream about.

13. gibell
    gibell Well-Known Member
    Ah ... those are actually two Tetra Tops I tossed in there to see if anyone was paying attention. They are not 3D printed objects, I think they're made from glued lucite balls or something. But everything else is 3D printed!

14. gibell
    gibell Well-Known Member
    I dye all my own puzzles usually. I don't think there are any Shapeways dyed pieces in my photo.

The piece in the upper right is actually about 5 years old. I won it at a raffle at a math conference. It was the first 3D printed piece I ever owned. It was made by Wolfram, Inc, designed in Mathematica.

15. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    Only a small subset:

MyCollection.png

Woody64

16. garenc
    garenc Member
    Whystler's collection is talesfull with this haze on this woody background! Amazing!

17. 32142_deleted
    32142_deleted Member
    Hi,
    I think I can add quite a bit to the
    already huge diversity here :)

Here's the stuff I've got so far
    except my two biggest prints
    * a big 30cm long handle which I've mountend and
    * my bearing testpart that I've given away

All things you see here are programmed only.
    No a single line was drawn by hand. :)

Original for more natural colors:
    P8221772-1024.JPG

Tonemapped for better visibility of details:
    P8221769-75-fattal-noisred-sat-1024.jpg

Here are the Metal prints only:
    P8221756-1024.jpg

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  18. bitstoatoms
    bitstoatoms Member

Hey Tom,
    you got me curious about the 'censored' cube now?????

19. 20077_deleted
    20077_deleted Member
    I didn't collect them all at once, LOL! The Nexus and the minis were purchased in 2007, and are engraved with her signature. Klien Bottle is from 2009.

When I first saw Alt+Ctrl+Whelk and Bioform on Shapeways, I imagined how stunning they would look in porcelain. Now, several months after I get them printed, Shapeways actually begins to offer high gloss glass. :eek: Someday, perhaps...

20. ibec
    ibec Member
    Any shapers out there with a beauty case? Well, Stanley offers nice and affordable cases to store your shapes and carry them over to your friends and family.

-Ivo

beauty case.jpg