Show your collection!

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Jettuh, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    My collection is no where near as organized as all of you guy's lol. I know I saw one on my floor somewhere last night... When I have some time I'll get them all together. I still haven't had time to work on my miBuddy.

2. Whystler
    Whystler Member
    Crap! That wasn't mean to be like that. I must have made a mistake along the way. I changed the settings. Here is the link again:

https://www.shapeways.com/model/5129/musette.html

Let me know if you can see it :)

-Shawn...

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  3. dadrummond
    dadrummond Member
    Ok, here you go!

sw-collection-overview.jpg

Lots of tinkering -- about half of the scarab pendants aren't pictured, but you can see the difference between the first one, on the left, and the latest one out of the box today, second from right. It takes a lot of prints to get things just right.

Jettuh, thanks for the cool suggestion. It's kind of cool; you can see people's personalities in their collections. And thanks to Shapeways for making all of this possible!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  4. bitstoatoms
    bitstoatoms Member
    Hey Whystler your Musette sounds great!

Very impressive, I quite like the slightly nasal tone.

It would be really interesting to hear the same thing in different materials to test the acoustic properties of each.

5. chaitanyak
    chaitanyak Member
    @Drawn-Steel Hero it was meant for shooting 360 views of my models. i usually shoot against a plain background.. and will probably use a cloth or colored paper for the top of the table.. for now am happy with the results (video in the post)

@Eeppium that table is awesome! and your video was quite smooth too! :eek:
    my point and shoot's video mode can't focus on small objects.. so shot stills and put em together :rolleyes:

6. 34534_deleted
    34534_deleted Member
    dadrummond love the one that you framed, really nice

7. Jettuh
    Jettuh Well-Known Member
    i go with jdl!

that bronzai is really beautifull with the frame!
    ive've got the bronzai too,, but still no beautifull frame with it :(

all the scarab's look really nice! thanx for posting!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  8. I love your collection, dadrummond - I must admit, I have a small thing for scarabs myself, and the Bronzai looks stunning!

My collection doesn't look quite so impressive at the moment, and I don't really have anywhere suitable to set up a display at the moment, but here's a quick snapshot of my Shapeways orders to date.

[​IMG]

Naturally I didn't order the big robot (just the head), and the ring is courtesy of Alkacir, and just arrived today.

Andy

9. Eeppium
    Eeppium Member
    @ chaitanyak: That´s exactly how i did my anims also; Frame by frame, then combined as full animation :)
    the gear allows that each frame moves exactly the same amount.

with 58 pictures It took some time obviously :laughing:

10. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    Why don't you use a simple gear motor do the job? :rolleyes:

11. Tommy_2Tall
    Tommy_2Tall Member
    ...or a normal electrical motor on low RPM with a "maltese cross movement" between the motor and the platform..

[​IMG]

I just learned about that little thingamajig today and it seems useful in this context so I thought I'd share it with you :D

12. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Great topic ! Nice to see so many prints together !
    Also cool to see "versions".

A quick pic of (part of) my collection :

PartialCollection.JPG

I just had to include the Evil Tentacles :)
    (tentacles are by Boustalahit)

Cheers,

Stijn

13. bartv
    bartv Member
    I'm SO enjoying this thread :) I'll include a collage in tomorrow's Shapeways Live!

Bart

14. dadrummond
    dadrummond Member
    Virtox -- lovely. I hadn't realized the scale of the Shy light! Looks fantastic. I'm jealous of your colors -- still have to learn how to do that. Thanks for sharing.

And thanks, all, for the kind words. Yeah, the frame makes a big difference -- it's a $15 frame and some rubber cement. How bad could that be?

C'mon, people, more collections!

15. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    @Jettuh: That's a lot of trains :D And, very jealous of the "vitrine" ;)

@Dizinghof: Wow, I'm surprised Apple hasn't hired you yet, they should ! :)

@dadrummond: Lovely to see so many together, very jealous of your budget ;) And you are so screwing with future archaeologists! "Yes and during the 2010 era, Egyptian culture was adapted widely over the world"

@Whystler : OMG, missed this one during scrolling, that's a massive collection ! Is that a "wand" in steel ? :eek: Amazing!

And I totally agree, it's a wonderful exercise to set up your collection, and I'm also filled with inspiration and improvement ideas :)

Too bad the weather/lighting sucks here at the moment, when I was hoping to try out my new camera. (lumix fz38, very cool toy :))
    But with the current "dark-grey" light coming through the windows (It's the Russians I tell you!), it looks like a phonecam pic, oh well, here's hoping for a good after-summer.

Cheers !

Stijn

16. boustalahit
    boustalahit Member
    @ virtox : nice to see this tentacles, I'm not the only fan of this game :D

17. gumball
    gumball Member
    dicegroup.jpg

Most of my dice collection and some of the rings.

The two rings in back are as they were received. The other two have had some antiquing. The closest one spent a night in "Patina-It" solution. Came out really rough feeling and the solution was totally black with a bunch of gunk in the bottom. Not exactly sure what happened, but the color is really great for that ring.

18. TomZ
    TomZ Member
  19. euphy
    euphy Member
    Love those dice, the way they are deconstructed into just points and numerals. The many-sided ones look a bit like those seed pods with the hooks on, or microscopic pictures of bacteria or something. Wonderful stuff. I love seeing everyone's collections! Here's all the stuff I have lying around.

IMGP2194_p_r.jpg

Sandy Noble

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  20. chris89
    chris89 Member
    i Love this thread.

Will make a picture soon, though my collection is split over different countries