Shop payments and sales not updating?

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by GeomatrixDesigns, Feb 21, 2012.

1. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Cool... glad to read that things are being sorted out.

2. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    So do I understand correctly from Natalia's latest email ?

Having paid us the April shop payment twice (once at the right time in April, once again now ) you are now going to pay us the full May's payment as well?

You would however, like us to refund the second April payment so Shapeways is not out of pocket .

Just how much does Shapeways stand to lose through this if we don't? Can we even refund it if, like me, you have spent it already? ( Hey, money don't hang around in my account long these days ! ), though I'll have some again when you pay me again .

Tom

3. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi everyone,

As I explained earlier, we put the wrong shop payments in your account. D'OH!

We paid you the April amount and not the May amount. We're really sorry about this honest (and stupid) mistake. As you can imagine, we're hitting our heads against the wall since we just spent the last weeks laying down the foundation to eventually introduce a much simpler payment process.

We've emailed everyone affected and the correct payments should be hitting everyone's account ASAP.

edit: Tom, we posted at the same time! To clarify, we are leaving the choice of the refund totally up to you.

Thanks,
    Natalia

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  4. 96635_deleted
    96635_deleted Member
    Hi guys,

Check your inboxes! :D All **correct** May payments were just sent via PayPal.

Thank you all SO much for hanging in there. We are quite relieved to put this mess-up behind us and will be on watch to make sure everything goes smoothly. Please let us know via service@shapeways.com if you see anything fishy at all.

If it's of interest, Pete shared some of the back story on the blog: http://shpws.me/6Cpf

Thanks everyone!

5. WillLaPuerta
    WillLaPuerta Well-Known Member
    Curse my honest nature . . . I just couldn't bring myself to keep it.

6. Bathsheba
    Bathsheba Well-Known Member
    Me either. *sigh*

Everything on the sales page appears to make sense now. The history data is nice, but mainly it's great to see those numbers looking solid!

7. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    The figures may be solid but are they right yet ? Just looked at mine and the May payment is not the same amount as I just received.

Neither seem to agree with the figure I calculate from the order overview. Maybe I should keep quiet - the money I received is the largest of the three figure..........

BTW I don't see any way of refusing to accept either of the Shapeways payments but it looks as though I could refund them - is this what you mean ?

Tom

8. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi Tom,

Yes, after 48 hours have passed, you have the option to 'refund' a payment, if you wish.

As for your figures not matching up, I've emailed service@shapeways.com so they can pull their numbers for you to cross reference against.

edit: I've let CS know, and they should be getting back to you shortly!

Best,
    Natalia

Last edited: May 18, 2012