Shapeways site update of February 24th 2011

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by barrys, Feb 24, 2011.

1. barrys
    barrys Shapeways Employee Dev Team
    Hi all,

we had a small site update today. We fixed the following bugs:

- Guest users were able to rate models in the gallery and thus be able to rate a model multiple times when they have a new session id. This has been fixed and you see the text 'You have to login to rate' back again.

- Earlier this week we fixed the listview in the galleries, where you sometimes could see html characters of certain signs like for example double qoutes.

--Barry

2. Barry
    Barry Member
    The product details page had the same issue. This has been fixed this morning.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  3. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    For the last few days, the site has been asking me if I want to allow shapeways.com to open a page at facebook.com (message attached). It seems to be happening any time I go to a model's detail page.

FB.jpg

I am using Win7/IE8.. latest patches.

I don't know if this is because of a change from Shapeways or Microsoft, but it's annoying. I don't use Facebook on a regular basis, and I'd rather not be prompted with this extra 'error'.

4. barrys
    Hi stonysmith,

the product details pages indeed need to contact the facebook website for the Facebook like plugin that is present on our product details pages for a few weeks now. It collects the data for how many people used the like button.

You can add facebook to your trusted websites list to prevent the warning for showing up.

Barry

5. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Forgive my ingnorance, but isn't that just like going back to allowing/blocking offsite popups from 5-8 years ago?

6. barrys
    Offcourse, but if you don't want to change you're security settings, then that's what you have to do to remove the warning popup :).
    Offcourse you can also disable that data from accross domains will be downloaded, then the like button will simply not show (and you also won't be prompted to give it access)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  7. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Oh righto... i can't remember the last time i've needed to actively block something... shows how much i've forgotten over the years :blush: